Thread: DLA to PIP transfer

DLA to PIP transfer

Well finally got a date for my f to f assessment. They have offered me a home assessment (much to my surprise) from I guess the info on my form and supporting evidence.

Not sure whether to try and get some one to be there, the only option I have is someone from MIND (if they will). I'm just very aware of my ESA assessment which was a farce and the fact that at least by having someone from MIND with me meant I had a witness who was able to make a complaint on my behalf etc etc.. and help with my MR and ongoing appeal.

Sounds like a good plan

I had my last assessment at home (hadn't requested it) and despite never even standing up the assessor still lied that I'd walked more than 25m so I ended up with standard mobility.

At least it was better than my first assessment (moving from DLA to PIP) she said I'd walked right through the car park, which a: she can't see from the room they use and b: I was parked right next to the entrance so only walked about 20m!. Lost my DLA HRM and of course the Motability car I was using it for

Yeah I think I will have to have someone with me. I really don't feel that they (ATOS) can be trusted. I have had good and bad assessments but my ESA assessment which was Maximus rather than Atos, is still fresh in my mind, she was determined to twist everything I said, make assumptions and cherry pick the things that suited her desired outcome.

Sorry to hear you lost your motability car.

Well the deed is done. PIP home assessment the s'morning. I was lucky and an advocate from MIND was available so he sat in on it. I had an occupational therapist assess me, she was very nice and seemed genuine - the key word there is 'seemed' lol. I think she was here an hour or a little over. Was a much much better experience than my ESA assessment. But will have to wait and see, she said 4 - 6 weeks. Glad it's over with tho, one way or another.

really pleased it was a better experience for you and hope your wait is not too long

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    really pleased it was a better experience for you and hope your wait is not too long
    Thanks, I hope so to

Well, I got my decision back - standard rate care (8 points). No mobility (0 points). I expected to lose the mobility to be fair.

I have put in a MR regarding care as I think I should qualify for Enhanced looking at the descriptors and the evidence I supplied. Will just have to sit back and wait and see I guess. I was a bit scared to, in case I lose the standard care but bit the bullet in the end.

Go for it, my Autistic son got shifted over from mid rate care/low rate mobility DLA and only got standard care for 2 years.

I rang and asked for an MR, a couple of weeks later I got a phone call, nice lady agreed the 2yr thing was ridiculous given that there's no treatment/cure for Autism and gave him the max 10yr award, I also mentioned the loss of his mobility component, she asked why and I explained he's not been out of the house on his own (or with anyone but me) for over 5yrs now, he has no self-confidence at all and would be unable to ask anyone for help if he needed it.

She said she'd think about it and let me know, about 15mins later she rang back and said she agreed and gave him enhanced care for 10yrs!!.

So it's worth having a go at an MR