Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip mobility law letter

Pip mobility law letter

Hey all.

Well the end of the summer has arrived and so did a letter from the DWP regarding 2018 PIP Law changes. I wasn't banking on anything and glad I didn't. In 2014 I scored 4 points for the mobility section:

Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points

I thought that the dwp were changing the law with regards to mental health problems? I know you have to score 8 point for mobility but to get the other 4 points needed still seems as though the dwp are keeping the goal posts as wide as possible?

If the goalposts are as wide as possible, it is almost impossible to fail to score.Is that what you mean?

No sorry. What I mean is the dwp even though they lost a court case for discrimination against people with mental health issues and to allow those eligible for the mobility part of Pip, to me they s3em to have just moved the posts wider so your still not eligible. As I say I'm greatful for what I do receive, yet it just seems a little strange that to actually score points although not enough, they still don't see how it affects not just me but everyone in the same position.

I was expecting the same sort of outcome for my Autistic adult son, transferred from MRC & LRM DLA to PIP and only got standard daily living and no mobility award.

I rang and requested a mandatory reconsideration as they only gave him a 2yr award for a lifelong condition.

I was surprised when someone rang two weeks later and actually agreed and increased his award to 10 years.

I also asked about the loss of his mobility award, she said she'd look into it. Another surprise when she rang me 20mins later and said she agreed about that as well! she awarded him enhanced mobility for 10 years!!.

I was very surprised to say the least!!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=wowmee;147041]No sorry. What I mean is the dwp even though they lost a court case for discrimination against people with mental health issues and to allow those eligible for the mobility part of Pip, to me they s3em to have just moved the posts wider so your still not eligible. As I say I'm greatful for what I do receive, yet it just seems a little strange that to actually score points although not enough, they still don't see how it affects not just me but everyone in the same position.[/QUOTE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09021404-F18B-4D43-A81F-633D3F2CEEF0.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	2014

You are right the goal posts have been moved wider, as if you have had a tribunal you won’t be reviewed.
    Last edited by Shelob; 09-09-2018 at 04:39 PM.

I did make a call to dwp about pip being reviewed. I used the helpline and was told its going to take 2 years for everyones pip to be reviewed.
    I was in the understanding that it was due to be in late summer
    is this true?

It seems there is still a huge imbalance with mental disability even on this very thread a couple of people seem to have just batted you off with pointless sarcasm - many still think if you have 2 arms and 2 legs you are not disabled!

It takes me up to 60 mins to get dressed some days due to severe OCD. Was told I have no issues getting dressed. Same story with showering takes me up to 2 hours was told that is apparently perfectly normal.

Didn’t bother fighting as I had enough “points” in other areas to get enhanced daily living. Still pretty sick in my opinion though as someone who has OCD and nothing else would get no assistance.

The only way I can leave the house is in my own car and I can’t get out at the other end yet they say I don’t qualify for a Motability car so I al slowly going bankrupt over my 15 year old vehicle. Rather be bankrupt than stuck in house 24 hours, that’s less freedom than a prisoner.

The post above about the adult son is pretty encouraging.

Sorry I couldn’t help just a bit of a rant. Glad some other people are of the same opinion re mental disability.
    Last edited by Slowdriver; 09-11-2018 at 09:06 PM.

has anyone had there pip reviewed on this forum because of the mental health changes?

Quote Originally Posted by hansol77 View Post
    has anyone had there pip reviewed on this forum because of the mental health changes?
    According to this from yesterday they have not started yet, they are going to start at the end of September and take 2 years to finish it.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/...365/P45/#62366

Due to a shortage of staff – and the fact that they need to train staff – it is going to be a very gradual roll out with letters going out to the general population from 24 september. It is likely the whole exercise will take at least two years.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

thanks nukecad for that information