Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pip mobility law letter

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I believe from other threads that some places are short of PIP Decision Makers at the moment and are backlogged.

Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Yes I thought the same, they must have a lot of extra work with having to go back through so many claims -and then normal claims and reviews on top.
    I want them to hurry up with the MH review decision, butthey can take as long as they like with the other review- I'm dreading it. Well within reason, as I need there to be enough time for them to decide before it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    I was expecting the same sort of outcome for my Autistic adult son, transferred from MRC & LRM DLA to PIP and only got standard daily living and no mobility award.

I rang and requested a mandatory reconsideration as they only gave him a 2yr award for a lifelong condition.

I was surprised when someone rang two weeks later and actually agreed and increased his award to 10 years.

I also asked about the loss of his mobility award, she said she'd look into it. Another surprise when she rang me 20mins later and said she agreed about that as well! she awarded him enhanced mobility for 10 years!!.

I was very surprised to say the least!!
    I haven't been around for awhile. You are the first person I have heard say thst they got a 10 year award as did my daughter. I am really pleased for you and your son
    Sea Queen

SQ, I got a 10 year award too

the dwp don't seem to care that they are making it stressfull for people.
    wish they would review me now then doing a review in july
    would like to get it over and done with.