Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going through a PIP appeal, here's what we've had to deal with. (Long Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    I was merely spleen venting privately, and here.
    We all do that, it's good to have a rant and let it out.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

If you you are going to have a go at doing this yourself you will need a good understanding of the PIP Descriptors - in relation to your mother's condition. You need to treat these as being set in stone, as they are the Law and every word has meaning and means exactly what it says, they are the hurdles you need to cross to gain an award.

Check out the links on this page;
    https://www.google.com/search?client....0.BKR7SxMitAM

also check out benefitsandwork.co.uk - they produce an intensely detailed booklet on Pip - but you will have to become a member to access it

Okay, it's been a few months, but here's an update:

We had our tribunal on Thursday morning, and our appeal was upheld. She got the enhanced mobility, and the standard daily living rates. I put together a comprehensive cross-examination of every single inaccuracy contained within the assessors report to show them that the DWP unreliable information to make their decision, what made me feel really vindicated was that the judge referenced it a lot.

But, all of this means I can FINALLY claim carers allowance. And my mum can now get on with her life without flinching at the mere sight of the postman, or anything like that.

I did ask her about how it felt to finally have it over and done with, and she said that the worst part of it all was that she was doubting that she was even as disabled and she thought. To the point of her thinking to herself "I can do that, I'm just being lazy and waiting for him to come down", trying to do it, and doing harm to herself, either because she can't breathe, or because she hurt her back.

So, now I'm debating with myself as to whether I should contact Capita and let the assessor have it with both barrels.
    Last edited by Dunno; 03-16-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Hi Dunno

Only came across this thread today and just to say well done.

When I read the start of your thread I thought you must have been listening in on my assessment as having exactly the same were my wife was told in no uncertain terms to shut up when she tried to intervene because I ms-heared things.

Yes and the DWP professionals, what a joke they are but then seeing how Tory and Labour MP’s have been the past month perhaps being professional has a new meaning now and professional in government terms actually means incompetent.

I won my day in court and just like the cowards in Westminster DWP failed to turn up on the day to answer for their incompetence.

For us we can sleep a bit easier now but for others I wish you all the luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Hi Dunno

Only came across this thread today and just to say well done.

When I read the start of your thread I thought you must have been listening in on my assessment as having exactly the same were my wife was told in no uncertain terms to shut up when she tried to intervene because I ms-heared things.

Yes and the DWP professionals, what a joke they are but then seeing how Tory and Labour MP’s have been the past month perhaps being professional has a new meaning now and professional in government terms actually means incompetent.

I won my day in court and just like the cowards in Westminster DWP failed to turn up on the day to answer for their incompetence.

For us we can sleep a bit easier now but for others I wish you all the luck.
    Yeah, the Capita assessor was awful for us. When I was going through the report for my cross-examination, some of the stuff he said, I ended up laughing, because it was like he really had no clue what he was talking about. For example, the "Needs help dressing and undressing." We were awarded no points, and it was for seemingly no apparent reason, he just decided that she could do it, based on "grip strength", and because she didn't feel breathless, whilst sat in an air conditioned office, in February.

The DWP didn't turn up for us either. I took that as a good sign, that they thought "Yeah, the assessor really made a hash of this, so we're not bothering here".

I must say there is a massive variation in both the assessors and buildings used for assessments, some which are unnecessarily cruel and others who are extremely sympathetic! One place I went had assessments taking place on the top floor of a building without a lift (it had broken). It was 4 stories high and the assessors refused to come downstairs to use a room on the ground floor yet insisted if you didn't attend you would be treated as missing the appointment. Staff watched as not only myself but another person had to crawl up the stairwell and were not allowed to assist. It was humiliating and degrading.

The next time I was assessed required a 20 mile journey as previous experiences ensured to stipulate that can't use stairs. However, the assessor there was fantastic and came into the waiting room, opened doors and treated me like a human being. She was a psychiatric nurse yet had some familiarity with the disabilities I suffer from, went through all the answers I'd given at the end of the session to ensure that it was accurate. It was like night and day.

I had to travel 20 plus miles to my F2F but the venue was on the ground floor but they (DWP at MR stage) made a big thing of me able to travel that distance and back home without needing any help.

In my MR letter I pointed out on that day I walked from my front room chair to my Motability car parked on my drive a whole of 10 Mtrs then drove the 20 plus miles in my adapted car then walked 3 Mtrs from the drivers seats to the boot where I was assisted by my carer wife to unload my mobility scooter and from there on, no more walking.

So all in all 13 Mtrs walking distance over an hour and a half time scale but they still insisted I could walk, or would appear that way, from Bristol to Weston-s-Mare and they seemed oblivious to the fact the scooter and car did all the travelling, not me.

That statement along with others I made trying to make them see the errors of their ways went down well in my favour with the judge and doctor at my appeal and they found it hard to believe I was before them in the court that day after the DWP had ignored my letters along with me stumbling out of the scooters captain chair and into one of the courts chairs.

discount pharmacies 99 mg