Thread: DWP ESA IR to CB "Premium" form

Question DWP ESA IR to CB "Premium" form

Hi all,

Before anything else, thank you for this wonderful resource.

After receiving a letter and speaking on the telephone to a very helpful lady at the Department for Work and Pensions regarding unpaid "premiums", I have received a second form asking me to send them proof of savings and income:

"Please send us proof of your savings (from XX/XX/XX TO XX/XX/XX [dates redacted] if possible). For example: bank statements, or a savings book, updated within the last month.
    Please provide proof of any earnings, not already supplied to the DWP, from your permitted work".
    My questions are:

1. Will photocopies of monthly bank statements between the two dates be acceptable?
    2. How best might I provide proof of any earnings? Would itemised bank statements filtered to show the relevant income be acceptable?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Hi all,

Before anything else, thank you for this wonderful resource.

After receiving a letter and speaking on the telephone to a very helpful lady at the Department for Work and Pensions regarding unpaid "premiums", I have received a second form asking me to send them proof of savings and income:

My questions are:

1. Will photocopies of monthly bank statements between the two dates be acceptable?
    2. How best might I provide proof of any earnings? Would itemised bank statements filtered to show the relevant income be acceptable?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    As far as I am aware the DWP do not accept photocopies of bank statements. You have to provide the originals. The simplest way is to ask your bank to print them off for you or, if you have an online account you can print them off yourself if they go back far enough.

As regards your proof of earnings do you not have payslips from when you were working? If not then the bank statements which show the relevant income would be acceptable.

In my opinion, it is not worth redacting anything on your bank statements. It might give the impression that you have something to hide. (e.g large sums of money going into your account which are unaccounted for) They will not be interested in what you spend your money on.

Keep it simple and just send them the original copies of any bank accounts that you had during the time specified.
    I try my best

previously, the dwp accepted photocopies of my bank statements

not sure what they will make of the most recent batch I sent to them - reduced, pasted into documents and then copied
    and yes I did redact - but only a defunct phone number and my online banking log in customer number (that only appeared on archive statements from several years back)

if you have the originals ( I didn't) then personally I would still only send copies
    but I have no idea of their rules

i printed mine from online not sure why yours would be showing your login details that is strange.

now the weird i got a big brown envelope back from the dwp with copies of what i sent and with compliments eh

The DWP are strange, usually they will accept copies but sometimes insist on seeing originals - which they then copy and give you back so no real difference.

TBH anyone with a colour printer/scanner could knock up original looking paperwork anyway.

I think that with the IB-ESA trawl they don't expect originals.

I've not heard of one yet but imagine if you had changed bank.
    That could be fun getting statements from the old one.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

mikey - it was not possible for me to access statements 4 years old, online - so I requested them from my bank (these were savings statements, not current acc.)
    and when they came they were archive records and had all my info on them - name, dob, address, NINO, etc, and yes - my online customer number (not the other login digits/password, thought)

Hi all,

Thank you for your input. It appears that experiences with the DWP regarding this requirement have been a little inconsistent!

I'll do my best to source originals where possible and see how far I get. I just want to provide them with the information they need, and not cause anybody any unnecessary extra work.

Thank you - I'll keep you informed of progress.

UPDATE: print outs of online banking were accepted. I hope this information assists somebody.
    Last edited by matt; 04-09-2019 at 08:19 PM.