Thread: Journaling for better mental health?

Journaling for better mental health?

Something I’ve started doing, I’d recommend it to anyone with mental health problems to give it a try. I keep a journal on my notes on my iPhone, but I also sometimes use pen and paper or my laptop.

I write down what’s happened and how I’m feeling. If I’m depressed, lonely, sad or even having a good day. It allows me to sit with my feelings, acknowledge them, validate them and digest them. I can be completely honest about everything I’m feeling because it’s just me and my journal. I can talk about anything; what’s happening now or anything that’s happened in the past that I want to explore.

It’s also helpful for the future so you can refer to and spot particular emotional triggers and patterns.

It’s a much healthier alternative to self harm, alcohol, drugs or binge eating.

This can actually be very helpful. Sometimes writing down your feelings makes it easier.

Yeah!! Reading and Journalism is always the best idea to get rid of the mental stress. One can try this technique to help themselves to free from the emotional and mental illness. Sharing the things that are killing you from the inside is the best medicine to cure from the emotional balance. I have seen many older people are doing this activity after their retirement, when they feel lonely. The elder care lawyers also advise older people to write down their thoughts, as it it the stress busters for all kinds of illness.
    Last edited by Carlelzey; 08-19-2019 at 06:49 AM.