Thread: Journaling for better mental health?

Journaling for better mental health?

Something I’ve started doing, I’d recommend it to anyone with mental health problems to give it a try. I keep a journal on my notes on my iPhone, but I also sometimes use pen and paper or my laptop.

I write down what’s happened and how I’m feeling. If I’m depressed, lonely, sad or even having a good day. It allows me to sit with my feelings, acknowledge them, validate them and digest them. I can be completely honest about everything I’m feeling because it’s just me and my journal. I can talk about anything; what’s happening now or anything that’s happened in the past that I want to explore.

It’s also helpful for the future so you can refer to and spot particular emotional triggers and patterns.

It’s a much healthier alternative to self harm, alcohol, drugs or binge eating.

This can actually be very helpful. Sometimes writing down your feelings makes it easier.