Thread: Child's PIP - taxable or not?

Child's PIP - taxable or not?

Hi!

I've started claiming PIP for my daughter's disabilities to help make adaptations around the house to make life easier for her which has been a struggle recently. I've managed to get everything sorted and the first payment is due some time next month. I was wondering how this will affect my taxes as it looks like it pushes me into the next tax band overall - would I pay that extra tax on any of my income or is it not counted at all on that scale? I've had a look at this income tax tool that's been quite a help on other unrelated occasions and maybe it's because how it's represented on there, but it looks like it should put me into the next tax band. Can someone who claims this/similar benefits explain how it works regarding taxes? Thank you in advance!

PIP for anyone is NOT taxable income.