Thread: Ford Galaxy Motability Lease Hire as on PIP now

Ford Galaxy Motability Lease Hire as on PIP now

I've only just realised how loyal I've been to Renault as I've only driven 3 Scrnics from new that spans 20 years.The last model was an ex Motability car I bought off them after an extended lease hire agreement.I didn't want to pitch for a new Motability car while claiming DLA just in case things went pear shaped with PIP.Luckily the PIP claim worked out for me with improved care pay - guess I should have rocked the boat earlier!Fast forward . . . . after many comparisons and measurements plus asking around and trying it out the Ford Galaxy won hands down to meet my access needs.Sixteen weeks ago I ordered an Auto Titanium. The price was fixed as the Advance Payment has since increased.The car started it's journey in Germany I think, then Valentia in Spain. Ferried to Liverpool Docks then to Speke for road tests before being transported to my local Ford dealer a few days ago. It seems that the model I choose is the first in this Country built to the 2018 spec with a new diesel engine that pumps 'adblu' liquid automatically to neutralise bad emissions. There's also some new type auto gearbox.https://www.rix.co.uk/blog/2016/7/ad...-need-to-know/I thought I\s be picking it up on Monday after adaptations were fitted onsite this morning.Hoist works - so I'm told but the electrics on the logitech steering mushroom don't work due to Fords new wiring system.So can you believe Logitech are transporting my Car to Cardiff to inspect this new breed of Galaxy due to incompatibilities with this new model. I guess they'll need to modify their products to work on future Galaxy!Hoping to get the car to actually use in under two weeks.Meanwhile 'webuyanycar' phoned me to discuss buying the Scenic. They didn't know I have 3 buyers lined up to buy iy. They suggested I should up the selling price as I'm a private seller - now there's a novelty!!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 10-05-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Hello Lightouch
    I hope all the travelling your new car has done so far was using low-loaders and ships or else it will need a service next week.

Interesting bit about the your Lodgesons because myself after many years with Volkswagen I’m changing to a KIA MPV because VW can’t deliver a Touran ordered 4th of July 2018 until March 2019 and I was a bit worried about using that Lodgesons adaption with a new to me manufacture but dealer and adaption fitter seems fine with it.

Not long now for myself, just another 3 weeks wait opposed to the 9 months VW and great for you as you will be on the highways and byways soon.

Happy future motoring.

We looked at a Galaxy 3 years ago Light but the AP £1000 if I remember was a bit much for us.We had a Citreon C4 Grand Picasso that had suited us well .We can get 2 mobility scooters in the back . We decided to have another one.£495 AP .Citron gave us £150 loyalty payment for staying with them £200 back from Mobility so all we had to find was the make up of £145 .We are hopefully having another one in March if the AP isn't to much .
    I'm waiting for a brown letter popping through the letter box saying if or not I've got PIP.I've had the F2F report and I should if DWP don't alter things get enhanced on both but until the dreaded brown envelope comes we're not thinking about cars.

Yeah they aren’t cheap. The salesman tells me it retails at £35,000. Repayments on this vehicle would not be possible without this scheme. They even paid for all the adaptations. I still had to fork out a hefty AP but Zi have been saving up for 5 years. I’ve even had to have my gaveposts removed and the driveway widened and relaid to accommodate this vehicle as it’s wider and two feet longer.

My Chinese lodger won’t be able to share the driving as she has a Chinese driving licence and RSA will only allow Drivers with s UK licence to drive Motability cars. She’s had to apply for s provisional licence in order to take the driving test.

Presently she she can drive my Scenic as a named driver costing £12 for six months.
    She has 12 years driving experience around the world but it’s not good enough for Motability!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 10-06-2018 at 02:29 PM.

IA know that vehicles prime aim is to get you from A to B. But, I've now been spoilt with this new motor.

It's a Diesel. I assumed it would sound like a tractor but it 'purrs' and moves like a Cheetah from a standing start. The auto 8 gears are so smooth you never feel a gear change.

The rotary gear changer is so simple and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I think Ford pulled out all the stops to come up with this machine. Wonderful technology, comfortable, very stylish and a joy to drive.

The key fob can release and shut the boot lid. A double click on the car fob locks the car. sets the alarm and folds the side mirrors flat

The car can link to my iPhone and a new world opens up unbelievable.

Here are some photos I took earlier.

Attachment 2036

The above photo shows the central console. The super swish auto gear knob with 'Sports' mode. And key fob plus electronic handbrake shown at the bottom. All very easy on the eye.

Attachment 2037

Great to learn you're enjoying your swish practical motor

Well done Light, I am happy that you have your new car. As you Know I have also changed over from Renault to Ford and although my Car is a bit smaller than your Galaxy my Grand C-Max also has a lot of Tech. I personally love the voice control so that I can control Radio, Phone etc etc al hands free by using only my voice.

I am a bit jealous that your Galaxy has 8 Gears though. My Grand C-Max has 6 Gears and it has only a 1ltr engine with Eco Boost.

I hope you are having as much fun in your Galaxy as what I am in my C-max, HAPPY MOTORING. .
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I'm still learning how to use the new electronic features on this model.

I don't think I would recommend buying this vehicle if you aren't technically savvy!

There's a world of difference between a 12 year old auto Renault Scen9c and the Ford Galaxy Titanium Auto.

Engine and gear changing
    For a start the whole Galaxy range are 2 Litre engines. Mine has the lowest bhp of 150 - believe me you are not short of power!
    This vehicle's rotary turning auto gear changer is brilliant especially as I can't use my left arm so it's easy to use with my right hand. It also has a 'Sport Mode' that I haven't used. And I've only just discovered it has a 'paddle shifter' on the steering wheel - like formula one cars!

Lights
    There's daylight running lights on all the time. I'm not sure about the auto headlights as they seem to need putting on manually so I need to study how to get them working. I like the indicator feature when joining the motorway - it blinks three times then stops.

Window wipers
    Again these are suppose to automatically sense rain and turn on, up or off. I need to study the manual as this doesn't happen. A new feature with the wiper wash - it shoots out of the window wiper blades from top to bottom - nice feature.

Inside central windscreen rear view mirror
    I have an 18 inch panoramic mirror clipped to the original. I'm not impressed as the view is so wide angled that the iage is reduced in size. This mirror was an adaptation- 3 out of 10.

Seating
    The drivers seat is very comfortable and can be raised to a height where you feel comfy. The seat is supportive and comfy.
    This vehicle has 7 seats and all windows behind the front seats are tinted for privacy. I have the back two seats folded down to take my wheelchair.. There's plenty of footpace and height for 5 adults if need be.

Wind and engine noise
    It is so quiet that you need to wind the window down to hear the diesel engine ticking over.

Parking
    This model has parking sensors front and back only. The Titanium X also includes cameras and automatic parking. It is a long vehicle but I've managed to guide it in-between parked cars without too much drama.

The teething problems I'm having just relate to me not having fully read the manual - it's not a vehicle fault!

As I said this is the March 2019 model - I have the first one in the country. Even the official Ford website isn't promoting the features on this model.

Marks out of 10. I'd have to give it a 9 even now.

Hi Light.

As you know I have the New Ford Grand C-Max which has many of the features as the Galaxy, I would presume that some of the controls will be the same. So hopefully I will be able to help you with the Lights and Windscreen Wipers.

LIGHTS

My Light Switch is low down on the right of the Dash close to the Drivers door. It is a Rotary switch and to set the Automatic Lights you need to turn the switch clockwise, (over to the right), to the last setting and leave it there. That is the setting for the automatic lights.

Windscreen Wipers.

The control for this is on the right of the Wheel column. To switch on the automatic Windscreen wipers push this switch up ONE Notch and leave it there. There is also a control on the same stick for the sensitivity of the sensor. If you look at the stick you will see a small wheel that can be turned. This will set the sensitivity of the sensor. You turn this wheel up or down to suiit you. Personally I have mine set at the most sensitive so that even light rain will start the wipers. To get it set at the Highest sensitivity turn wheel down, (that is towards yourdelf), fully and that should set it it for highest sensitivity.

This is how to set these on my Grand C-Max and I hope it will be the same for your Galaxy. It took me a couple of days to realise this but once doen both the Lights and Wipers work great on the Automatic setting.

I hope that this works for you and that this is a little help to you.

Kodiak
    Last edited by Kodiak; 11-06-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe