Thread: Hot news re motability lease hire . . . .

Hot news re motability lease hire . . . .

Now what I learnt today from a dealership could be true or is it sales talk!

I went to see the 2012 Renalt Scenic - it didn't disappoint.

What was new to me was that the salesman was telling me that any person in receipt of the top rate of the Mobility component of DLA who ordered their lease hire car before October 2013 would be eligible to keep it for three years even if they lost their entitlement to the enhanced mobility rate of PIP.

So do I take it that the DWP will continue paying Mobility until the three years lease is up??

What are your thoughts on this.

If you loose hrm then you loose the car unless you can pay for it another way, sounds like the sales man trying to push you into that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt billabong View Post
    If you loose hrm then you loose the car unless you can pay for it another way, sounds like the sales man trying to push you into that car.
    My thoughts exactly, at the end of the day they are salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt billabong View Post
    I was awarded High Rate DLA 'indefinitely' 35 years ago. I won't lose DLA as my condition hasn't improved. However, even I will be reassessed from Jan 2014 to April 2016. The chances are that I'll be awarded high rate PIP mobility on a medical.

I was just taken back by his assurance that it wouldn't be in dealerships nterests to promote motability lease hire unless they knew they would get paid.

I think this needs clarifying - any ideas how?

Phone motability and ask them.

Well having talked to Motability it seems the salesman was wrong.

If you lose the enhanced rate of PIP Motability may pay for an extra month then you either give the car back or can buy it off Motability.

Motability asked for the garage details - sounds like my salesman will be 'keel hauled' for his sales patter!

this is the exact advice i got from motability when i enquired a few months agoI'd advise anyone to check with motability first as they wil give you an honest opinion. But they do still try to convince you it will all be fine, so you have the facts direct from them and then its up to you to make the informed choice, . Obviously they are also worried for their jobs, but when i've contacted motability they have been great. as far as i understand it a motability car acts as a sale to the salesman at the dealership

I think if posible predictions are right then this would have huge repercutions around the new car trade and motability operations.

Quote Originally Posted by hemiman View Post
    this is the exact advice i got from motability when i enquired a few months agoI'd advise anyone to check with motability first as they wil give you an honest opinion. But they do still try to convince you it will all be fine, so you have the facts direct from them and then its up to you to make the informed choice, . Obviously they are also worried for their jobs, but when i've contacted motability they have been great. as far as i understand it a motability car acts as a sale to the salesman at the dealership

I think if posible predictions are right then this would have huge repercutions around the new car trade and motability operations.
    One of the possible problems for Motability when PIP starts is the length of award. Some may only get say 2 years, some may get 5. Also, alot of people may not renew their lease in 2015/16 when PIP starts, due to the uncertainty. Motability will lose customers, that is for sure, as to how many, we will have to wait and see.