Thread: GP Appointment?

GP Appointment?

How difficult is it to get a GP appointment in your area, the new system was designed to make things easier, it could not be further from the truth. Easy booking system, see the doctor of your choice.

At our surgery it is virtually impossible to book on line,

1. They only updated the system at the start of the month, there are very few appointment
    2. If you try and phone they have no appointment or phone back after lunch, which is an answering machine

I have a severe brain injury and really need to see the same GP for obvious reasons, we have spoken to the main practise manager who is also the main GP partner about this, his answer the NHS is in meltdown?

The nearest alternative GP is over 5 miles away.

Rant over
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

it is the same all over the country many thnks to this gov starving the NHS.

many doctors have closed and many are merging to keep going. we have 6 practices and yet you can never hardly see your own doctor and just try and book in advance even for a telephone call you are looking at weeks to months.

the online booking is useless never shows any on day and just the odd appointments, on day they expect people to travel for miles which is not good if you are feeling under the weather.

on the phone for appointments you can be waiting just 30 minutes or more and when you get through all the appointment are gone.

why do you think people end up going to A+E

I have had a look on the internet and yes you are right, our surgery you are usually looking at 4 to 5 weeks, usually a handful of appointments with just one doctor or a few more with the nurses.

My partner has been walking down to surgery as it is much easier than phoning, and the surgery is virtually empty, however, there is a big board showing the no show appointments for the previous month, my question how the hell do the patience who do not show up for their appointments manage to make the appointment in the first place?
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    my question how the hell do the patience who do not show up for their appointments manage to make the appointment in the first place?
    They probably made them weeks ago and got better (or taken to hospital, or died) while they were waiting, then couldn't be bothered phoning to cancel.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    They probably made them weeks ago and got better (or taken to hospital, or died) while they were waiting, then couldn't be bothered phoning to cancel.
    I take if you die and don't cancel your appointment you stand a fair chance of being struck off from the practise.