Thread: Motability, 2nd class customers

Motability, 2nd class customers

Hi to all. I have been a Motability car user for 6 years, use a full size scooter and car with auto chair hoist, my contract was up march 18 on my zafira, I went to local ford dealer and ordered a top of range galaxy titanium x auto ,I collected it adapted with scooter hoist, we then went off on holiday to Jersey with car, within days the Sat nav went hay wire and alarm would go off often , obviously I returned car to dealer ,only to be told Ford say no aftermarket electrical devices can be fitted and blamed sat nav on my dash cam , and alarm on scooter hoist,and that my scooter can not live in the car when not in use...by my own trial and error I found the alarm was triggered by glass roof blind was moving with air pressure changes (drafts through heater vents,) the dealer Motability sales man new exactly how I used the car , and dealer was not interested, Motability have been great and agreed to end contract early, at 4 months old go find a new car they said, well after this bad experience I duly went out to find one armed with my trusty note pad with check list,VW and Seat to long lead times but asked questions on specs and marked on my checklist ,

I went to my local Citroen dealer (Wilmoths ) with my partner and found grand 4 Picasso /space tourer Flair model ,met my need and asked about specifications marking answers on my pad , was told yes to all of my questions ,no brochure available or referred to, and had a stock car on display in showroom , 2 weeks later I collected adapted car , was missing luggage cover and user manuals . most checklist items that that we had had asked about at point of purchase was indeed not standard ,I was eventually given a damaged cover from a used car , and dealer denied the lies told at time of order , any way buyer beware I am sure a retail customer would not treated this way, Motability is great and helpful thing but has its down sides for users , saving grace car is good , but missing some things I was told were standard fitment on this top of range and had paid for

I can 2nd that opinion.
    Different circumstances though. Hubby and I went to a main dealer with the view to purchase a brand New car with cash. They were busy so sat and waited our turn. Needless to say our turn came and we were ignored. I firmly believe it was because I was in my wheelchair and they thought we were mobility customers.
    I'm afraid they lost out on a possible cash sale as we got up and left and went elsewhere where we were treated with respect.

I can honestly say I've had no problems what so ever when going to car dealers to sort Mobility car out.The first one we had was a Mazda 6 and it came from a ford garage.The salesman didn't know we wanted a car on Mobility and went through all the speel with us.When we told him it would be on Mobility it didn't make a bit of difference.In fact he sat us down and went through any adaptations we might need.The 2nd and 3rd cars were Citreon C4 Grand Picassos and again the garage couldn't do enough for us .In fact we are hopefully having another C4GP in March.

hi my first 2 cars were good experience's, but may be Dartford Kent area problems with last 2 ,,also I have found my local quick fit depot in Erith when I was booked in bumped me down the list if a normal retail customer came in whilst waiting ,Gc4p is now called a space tourer same car renamed and has a proper automatic gear box , as I said first 1000 miles has proved to be a good car so far, just dealer/manufacturers a stressful let down

HBlobby47,

If you wouldn't mind telling me, what features of the Grand Space Tourer Flair did you feel were missing (other than the parcel shelf and books)?

I am within my ordering period now and have been looking at the Grand Space Tourer Flair BlueHDi 120 S&S EAT6 Automatic. It does seem a lot of car for the £1510 advanced payment in comparison to such as the Ford Galaxy Titanium Auto and most other large automatic MPV’s currently on the scheme.

Thanks

H

Hi Hector I asked at point of order , driver assist, and speed limit recognition ( not on sat nav) and speed camera alerts on sat nav was told all standard on flair well turns out factory order on first 2 and sat nav speed camera alerts an extra £ 130 paid to dealer for 3 years last quarter price was £2700 ish advance payment just back from 600 mile journey, is a good car ,eat6 is a good box, compared to previous semi auto unit fitted,just check spec your self with online brochure, car 9 out of 10 but dealer and Citroen a 3 in my opinion ,hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by blobby47 View Post
    Hi Hector I asked at point of order , driver assist, and speed limit recognition ( not on sat nav) and speed camera alerts on sat nav was told all standard on flair well turns out factory order on first 2 and sat nav speed camera alerts an extra £ 130 paid to dealer for 3 years last quarter price was £2700 ish advance payment just back from 600 mile journey, is a good car ,eat6 is a good box, compared to previous semi auto unit fitted,just check spec your self with online brochure, car 9 out of 10 but dealer and Citroen a 3 in my opinion ,hope this helps
    Many thanks blobby47.

If I do go for this vehicle it will almost certainly be a factory order as I will be speccing the Safety Pack Plus option or the Driver Assistance Package 4. I am still awaiting my local Citroen dealer to source an auto for a test drive though.

I haven't had speed camera alarts in the past, so it's not something I would miss to be honest.

I just need the dealer to pull his finger out and get an auto for me to test drive.

H