Thread: Pip appeal

Pip appeal

I had my PIP appeal heard by the first tier tribunal ,on 3 October.I received a letter from them about 6 days later,saying I was now entitled to the enhanced rate of PIP,where I was getting nothing. This is mostly to do with a stroke I had. This has left me with a weakness in my right side ,and there are a number of things I now cannot do.I also told them,I had a medical,with the DWP for my ESA and they put me in the support group.I have Epilepsy as well , but that is now well controlled.
    So far,I have heard nothing from the DWP. How long should I wait for them to answer? Also are they likely to appeal against the Tribunals findings?
    Anything anybody can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

usually takes 5-6 weeks to implement a tribunal decision, you could send them a copy of your tribunal letter it may speed it up.

dwp have 4 weeks to appeal if they want to, if they do the award wont be paid until after their appeal if you win again.

Thank you slipmaster. By what I have written,what do you think the chances are,of the dwp appealing? I have read,it may be wrong though,that the dwp,are appealing more against mental health things,like depression and so on.