Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assessment next week :(

Assessment next week :(

Gutting. Had the letter. Next Thursday.

For those wondering about times.

Original ESA claim October 2016. Assessment feb 2017. SG (1 year prognosis).

Deferred twice this year til September. ESA50 arrived in August. Sent back start of September. Letter arrived with a weeks notice.

They've ignored info that was on ESA50.

At the time I was having CBT (last session was last week). I told them on Thursdays I would be busy as the session is 1030 til sometimes 12 or so and assessment centre is in another town.

Well they booked me in for 230 :/. Not having CBT anymore so won't be a problem I guess.

Goodluck with the assessment hope you get it for a longer period this time around

Thank you. Assessment tomorrow.

I feel I am fully prepared with everything I need considering I have limited medical evidence due to struggling to go to doctors.

I'v read a lot the last few days and feel that i'm going for regulation 35 or to get enough points on the basis of coping with change and social situations.

For coping with change, planned or unplanned i'm hoping to score max points as unplanned change (i.e, sudden ESA assessment date letter) prompted me to self harm, and on the days leading up to assessment (planned change) I have harmed again. Of which I will show them. That could also have some bearing towards reg 35.

For social situations, well.... the should be able to see for themselves the impact of how I am at the assessment centre.

Considering I don't really have any medical evidence, I feel the right outcome could happen, but who knows? I feel it often can come down to how understanding the assessment staff member is.

Good luck....as Nukecad said before it seems odd wishing people luck and best wishes to be ill!
    I had my assessment on Tuesday.....the nurse seemed kind, but, she could have been a good actress! So we'll see....

Thanks.

What a joke today. Call off local number earlier, I struggle to answer phone so didn't answer.

20 mins before assessment, after paying for a taxi to get there the same number calls.

I got in touch with a total stranger from a MH forum asking them if they could contact that number for me as it was making me on edge.

They did and it was the assessment centre cancelling due to lack of manpower.

Funny thing is my first assessment nearly 2 years ago was cancelled as well.

It happens all the time.

I was told by the receptionist at my (cancelled) assessment a few months ago that the last appointment in the morning and last one in the afternoon nearly always get cancelled.
    They also had tried ringing me 20 mins before the appointment, by which time I was already well on my way there.
    She promised that she would rebook me for a first one in the afternoon, which she did and it was 2 weeks after the cancelled one.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sounds pretty awful Nukecad. I guess they don't care about the distress caused? It's really bad how late they leave it and why don't they leave a voicemail or even send a text?

Do you know about how that 1 self cancellation is? Can that be done without GP recommendation?

As it's getting too close to December now and that's a month when I will be in the real dark place due to my family who died doing their best at xmas even though they were ill. So December is a month where my MH declines rapidly to a point where I don't think I can actually manage the assessment.

If the assessment is rescheduled for December, would I need to go to my GP to have paperwork confirming I can't make it? Or would that be ok to cancel once (like, "Can't make it on that date" then from them "oh fine, we will be in touch with a new date soon")?

They usually reschedule pretty quickly, like I say mine was rescheduled for 2 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Careruk26 View Post
    Do you know about how that 1 self cancellation is? Can that be done without GP recommendation?
    They allow you to cancel a WCA appointment one time without having to give any reason.

You can cancel further times but if you do then the assessment comany sends your case back to the DWP and you then need to show the DWP (not the assessors) that you had 'Good Reason' for cancelling.
    The DWP decide what 'Good Reason' means, and if any evidence you provide is good enough.
    If they accept your reason then they refer you to the assessment company again to make a new appointment.
    If they don't accept your reason was good enough then they refuse/close the claim.

You do need to be careful here though - sometimes they tick the wrong box and their cancellation gets marked down as your one time cancellation.
    It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

(PS. By law they don't actually have to give you that one time with no reason, but they do it to be reasonable).
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-02-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks. Yeah it's been rescheduled super quick. 2 days after cancellation they sent new letter which arrived yesterday and it's next Thurs at 10.

After looking up more things I'm not confident at all. For all they know, I'm still having CBT yet still gave me a Thursday appointment. Why bother having a box on ESA50 about dates someone can't attend when they just ignore it?

Wont post about it again until the assessment to say how it went. Although it's making me a mess. I've harmed myself nearly every day since getting the original assessment date and have turned to drinking heavily each day now as a distraction from harming myself.

At this rate, it's completely possible I get the ESA stopped letter a few days before Christmas which will be the end of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Careruk26 View Post
    For all they know, I'm still having CBT yet still gave me a Thursday appointment. Why bother having a box on ESA50 about dates someone can't attend when they just ignore it?
    As far as I am aware then they don't regard a regular weekly appointment for ongoing therapy as something that you could not 'resonably' miss for one week.

The 'Dates you can't attend' box is intended more for one-off things that you are not reasonably able to cancel.

Of course if you are having chemo, or dialysis, or similar, every week that you can't miss then that would count as 'good reason' for missing a WCA if they schedued one at the same time.

Hope all goes well for you next Thursday.