Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Assessment next week :(

Thanks James. Such a relief as I thought I was doomed this time, especially as at the assessment I found out my GP didn't respond to a CHDA request for medical evidence. So the only evidence really was what I wrote on the ESA50 and how I was at the assessment. Thankfully the assessment staff was really understanding and it turns out it's worked out.

That sounds bad having 2 assessments so close together. Hopefully they go well for you.

I think assessments are branded as awful and how the assessment staff are liars, but quite often it seems the right thing is done. Fingers crossed

anyone have any idea of expected review date for medium term prognosis? I expect its not very far away.

Thanks Careruk26 it is unlucky me getting those forms at the same time but I just gotta get on with it and hopefully be fine, I have more support structures in place with my new autism diagnosis so hopefully the esa reassessment will be easier than last time whenever that appointment inevitably arises.

Pip I'm not so confident on, I know I qualify on aome descriptors and was honest with the assessor but she seemed cold, however I've been told that sometimes it's the nice assessors who backstab you so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by James987 View Post
    .... however I've been told that sometimes it's the nice assessors who backstab you so who knows.
    That was certainly true for me. The first PIP assessment I had was with someone who seemed very kind, understanding and sympathetic and she basically made stuff up, ignored evidence and I had to go to MR to get the correct award. The second was a person who was very cold, brisk and business like - appeared to have no empathy at all and yet I scored much higher and got enhanced for both components that time. It's worrying, I think, that it can all depend on the personality of the assessor rather than just on the facts.

I will just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best but due to me thinking everything will be catastrophic means I'm mentally prepared for the worst case scenario.