Thread: Ouch

Unhappy Ouch

just when i thought things couldn't get any worse i have come down with acute kidney infection.

started Monday evening and some silly nurse on Tuesday one of these practitioners couldn't diagnose a duck and told me to take paracetamol and ring my district nurses eh.

just been to the doctors this morning and have now started treatment the pain though is just lousy to say the least.

got to give it a few days and if still in lots of pain then off to a+e

it is real tough like this as i am one of the many unpaid carers and really struggling.

My sympathy goes out to you.

I had a gall bladder infection put me in hospital a while ago, felt like someone constantly twisting a knife in your side and back.
    Morphine didn't touch it. (But 2 paracetamol and a codine tablet taken together made it bearable for me, go figure).

They left my GB in (complete with gallstones) because it was too dangerous to operate due to the anti-clotting meds I was on at the time, so it could flare up again.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i get repeated kidney infections which have caused permanent scaring cos of the bleeding but get a repeat perscription for mine. Have 18gallstones nuke so know what you mean was ok till they blocked the duct now waiting to get something done. They should give you a scan to check your kidneys to find out what's going on along with blood and urine tests hope you feel better soon

well the obvious happened ended up at a+e not feeling too clever within 10 minutes was seen and after a blood test had a drip going in and again fast ended up on a ward.

saw the surgeon and ct was performed it was not the kidneys but diverticulitis of the rectum and sigmoid colon i am back home and now facing the grim prospect of days of pure pain and not feeling well, am on recall for colonoscopy guess from reading the ct report that it does look like surgery and heading for a bowel bag but at least that will be the end.

they can't do much due to infections so it is the waiting game.

by the way if you do have gall stones then like me it will only go one way as the gall stones can block the ducts something to watch out for.

i lost mine many years ago.

for now take care from one poorly person.

Ouch indeed.

At least you know from the CT what the problem is.
    The colonoscopy should tell more.

If surgery is needed then it doesn't always mean a colonostomy (stoma), and if it does the stoma may only be temporary while the colon heals.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/di...ulitis-surgery

Take care of yourself, no doubt they've given you a list of what/what not to eat.

(I'm aware that gall stones can move about and block the ducts. In fact I believe it was all the vasodilation meds I was on at the time that opened the vessels and let mine shift and become a problem. They settled down and have been no problem since, fingers crossed).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i was able to access patient access and going from previous scan to the latest it seems that there has been changes for what ever reasons.

as for what the next test shows is just guess work what does concern me is that the latest ct showed the disease in the rectum but yet according to dr google this shouldn't be possible so my test shows that diverticulitis can affect any part.

at the moment a long course of treatment and recovery then the next stage.

gall bladder wise my previous docs had me believing that the symptoms were in my head and even referred me to the shrinks quite a few years down the line and after only a 5 minute scan it showed my bile duct was getting blocked the sad part was that because the docs didn't believe the symptoms i was getting surgery found the actual gall bladder had gone rotten inside me and they had to carry out extensive surgery.

after surgery i got an apology but simply it should of never of got to that stage in the first place

not something i would want to endure again