Thread: How overrun are tribunal services

How overrun are tribunal services

Is the tribunal services really overrun or just trying to put people off. As i asked asked to appeal a ESA tribunal decision (error of law) and after they received the letter it took them over 2 weeks just to send me a response letter.

just to be clear they posted the response back 2 weeks after receiving my letter.

The First Tier benefit tribunals are definitely overrun.
    (They are having to draft in judges from other tribunals to cope, not always a good idea as those judges may not be so familiar with benefit laws).

I'm not sure about the Upper Tribunals, but I believe that they are slower to respond anyway as they have to consider the law more carefully before accepting an appeal.

These FAQ's set out what you can expect when appealing to the UTT:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ac-faq-eng.pdf
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

ok thanks for that info i will take a good look at it. Im just a bit concerned as we only get 4 weeks and they take over 2 weeks just to give a simple answer.