Thread: Certificate of Entitlement to free road tax

Certificate of Entitlement to free road tax

I've just read on another site that you have to get a new certificate of entitlement (I'm on PIP enhanced mobility) if you change your car. Is this right? If so how do I get one?

Thanks.

As far as I remember there is an authorisation number on the award letter, no certificate any more. We changed our car and just used this number again and it worked.

Thanks Beau. I did ring them in the end, took 45 minutes waiting in the call queue, but the lady I spoke to seemed to know all about it and has issued the letter so it should be here in a week or so. We don't have the car yet, our old one just failed its MOT so badly that we have to scrap it, so we're trying to raise some cash to get a replacement at the moment and I thought it best to be prepared for the tax issue with whatever we end up with

Similar Threads

1. HC2 certificate
    By David69 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 05:33 PM
  2. Road Tax Exemption - Certificate of Entitlement
    By AmyS in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 09:51 AM
  3. Free road tax?
    By Mags4 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 04:34 PM
  4. car tax exemption certificate
    By Pink Frog in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 11:36 AM
  5. Certificate for entitlement to free road tax
    By Ellie61 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 08:23 AM