Thread: Universal credit farce!

Angry Universal credit farce!

Hi everyone
    so little about me, i'm main carer for my step son who has just turned 20, he is profoundly disabled with the mental age of a 6 month old
    and needs full daily care for everything!.
    so when he finished at his special needs school at the end of july we started the ball rolling with Universal credit as this was what
    we had been told we should sign him up to!
    jumped through all the hoops, got the fit note, did the work interview ( what a joke )
    and filled out the forms for the limited capability thing, he got his first payment a the beginning of September
    the basic rate of £251 and we were told that the limited capability element would be back dated to when we first put the
    forms in, the decision was made on 23rd of october that he had limited capability and has been awarded an extra £320 ish each month
    BUT! we were told that the £320 would be back dated to when we first put in the forms! so we've struggled on with alot less
    coming into the house each month to now be told there is no pack dated payment!
    WTH!!!
    He was disabled when he put in the claim for UC! he didn't become disabled during! so this 3 month waiting period for the
    assessments to be decided they are SERIOUSLY! screwing over every disabled claimant!!! thats nearly £1000 extra he should have had
    and anyone else in the same boat should have!
    No wonder there was so much money knocking about in the budget! they screwed over the disabled yet again!
    Totally peeved off by this!

Have you visited your local citizens advice to get some advice maybe worthwhile to fire off a letter to your MP. Good luck I'm sure someone will be able to advice you!

To be honest this is no different to the 13 week assessment period for ESA. If you are placed in the support group or the WRAG group then any backdated money would only be made from the 14th week of the claim.

Or am I misunderstanding?
    I try my best