Thread: UC payments rounded down?

UC payments rounded down?

There is a recent FoI requests that asks about rounding down of UC payments to a whole pound.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1261415

It has to be noted that some FoI's that get asked are nonsense, with the requester asking about some idiocy they have 'heard in the pub'.

All the examples that I can find in the ADM guidance show UC payments including pence, not just full pounds.

So have any of our UC claiming members noticed any rounding of their payments to a whole pound?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The DWP have replied to that FoI giving explanation of this apparent rounding in UC:

It's just shown without the pence on the screen, the pence are actually paid.

On a Universal Credit statement the figure a claimant initially sees is rounded down to
    the nearest pound. However, when the claimant looks at the full statement they will see
    the full amount including pennies.

For example:

A claimant receives Standard Allowance of £317.82 which is reduced by £26.49 for
    recovery of an advance. The claimant receives £291.33 but the amount presented to
    them on the first page of their statement states they will be paid £291. The full
    breakdown is detailed when the claimant clicks into their statement and views the full
    details of the award.

The statement rounds for the purpose of simplification. However, the amount received
    by the claimant includes pennies and the calculation is made using the rules set out in
    Regulation 6 of the Universal Credit Regulations 2013:

people only need to check their statements to find this out. I dont know why it got to a FOI.

As I said above:

It has to be noted that some FoI's that get asked are nonsense, with the requester asking about some idiocy they have 'heard in the pub'.
    I think he was just looking for an excuse to 'bash' Universal Credit.

Not that there's any need to go looking for reasons, there's enough problems with it already.