Thread: UC Mandatory Reconsideration - Warning.

UC Mandatory Reconsideration - Warning.

Important information for UC claimants.

There have been reports of problems if/when asking for Mandatory Reconsideration of a decision with Universal Credit.

Apparently just asking for MR on your journal is not enough, it will be 'accepted' - but not 'processed' unless you also phone them.
    Obviously this is wrong, and goes against the DWP's own published guidance for claimants. (and it's probably not legal either).

A Freedom of Information request has been raised about it:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1265534
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

if they require a phone call there going against there online focus of UC

Yes, but that's why the warning.

What the guidance/rules/law says may not be what is actualy happening in real life.

yes i agree , also with the old HB rules you could claim an overlap payment , that you didnt repay , it was for people moving address that wer paying rent at both address for a short period .
    a housing association told me that on UC all you can do is "ask" for a bridging loan that would be repayable.

There has been a reply to that FoI

It confirms that they should accept a request for MR made on your journal.
    1. The regulations on Mandatory Reconsideration do not restrict the methods by which MRs
    can be requested. All MR request methods are lawful and will be accepted by the
    Department, including by Journal
    The accompanying internal processing document shows that there should be a phone call as part of the MR process.
    But if you request a MR on the journal then they should call you.
    1.4 If you are not in conversation with the claimant - call the claimant

Explain the decision to the claimant
    It seems that is the bit that is not happening, they are not calling you and so nothing progresses unless/until you call them.
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.

UC Mandatory Reconsideration Warning

My parents took it upon them self so make Helmets Mandatory when I was born that was 50 years ago been wearing it since every day............................

I make money like that:
    I registered on this site, now every day I buy BTC and ETH when the price drops, then I sell when the price rises.
    I spent only $ 10 at the very beginning, now I always have more than $ 1000 on my account, I withdraw money 1-2 times a week. I withdraw $ 500 at a time
    It’s easy to trade here and now you don’t need to work