Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Elec Bill-Now there's a surprise!

The letter they sent before giving it me that said i was able to get it but they might ring me for proof they never did don't know how they can check with the dwp as i don't remember giving them my NI number yes is SSE. Hope you get it Walker and glad you got it sorted StueyR

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDiscount View Post
    Yes Jard, I understand completely what you're saying, thanks.

E'on, after enquiring with the DWP, have refused my application.

I had no problems with the Warm Home Discount over the last few years when on income related ESA (WRAG). Now I'm on contribution ESA (support), it's all gone wrong.

As you say, there is an income related element in there somewhere, plus the 'top-up' thing. But no, after numerous calls to the DWP trying to clarify the matter, they keep telling me that the contribution bit takes precedence.

The link shows how I'm being tripped up.......ESA part.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-h...-discount-form

Maybe it's them who are misinterpreting the rules
    I think EON have simply got confused, after all it took the DWP themselves years to accept that ESA can be CB+IR, eon an external entity probably consider IR and CB based ESA as totally seperate benefits and that if you on CB, you cannot also be on IR at the same time.

I think you would have to take it high up at eon to see if they will review their policies.

Worth looking up and applying to your energy suppliers, if you're on an income related benefit £140.00 pounds off your energy bills there's a limited time so a few tick boxes and details and you're done!

I emailed them but as yet no reply

Usually they will write to say' we have your application then a second letter to say' your application was successful! And they will Credit your account or send a cheque out. You should Get a reply in 2/3 weeks if not submit it again it's not a crime!

well it is over 2 weeks now

Hi Walker, And for benefit of others. I had forgotten about further way of contact which was much more immediate. If you're on twitter, Walker, you can message them privately and they can confirm if they have your application (I did this last year and had forgotten as again and as you have mentioned, we don't receive confirmation email from SSE).

thanks spencer but unfortunately that is not something I do
    maybe will contact them by phone next week if head is in a better place

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    Usually they will write to say' we have your application then a second letter to say' your application was successful! And they will Credit your account or send a cheque out. You should Get a reply in 2/3 weeks if not submit it again it's not a crime!
    Im with BG they sent 2 emails not letters and they dont send a cheque out they just put the money in your Gas account, if your in credit after the winter then you can ask for the money back in the summer and I pay by Direct Debit

OMG I checked my account when I got in from hospital this morning and it was same

just checked again and my electricity has gone from £31 in credit to £171
    !!!!

that is great news

although I wonder if/how I could get them to split it across electricity AND gas - since my heating is actually gas

gosh I am astounded that something in this horrible week has actually gone right

very very many thanks to spence and others who encouraged me to go ahead with this, (and for letting me post on your thread )

ed. rang them, spoke to lovely lady who was happy to transfer some of it over
    Last edited by walker; 12-07-2018 at 06:17 PM.