Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elec Bill-Now there's a surprise!

Elec Bill-Now there's a surprise!

Regarding Warm Home Front scheme for electric bills which gives various groups of claimants £140.00 towards their electric bill, which is normally credited at the end of March.

We applied pretty much when we knew scheme was open (around September) & today received email regarding normal bill. Although we knew this was due it is always a dour feeling...Anyway, logged into account and found balance was in credit???!!!

Therefore checked billing and found that Warm Home Front scheme £140.00 had already been applied & paid for the current bill! Never seen this before & wondered if anybody else has had their credit applied 'early'?, Don't know if this is any help as generally largest bills will be around the 1st quarter of next year. Nice surprise before Christmas period but unsure if it will still be same when next bill arrives in Feb.

Anyway, there you have it. Am sure there will be many happy to recieve it early and some not.

Thats good! Which supplier is that?

We are on Pre Payment and got ours via a letter/voucher last November. We are British Gas/Electric. Hope for this years to turn up soon!

Different suppliers give it at different times.

I've not had an electric bill for about 2 years, since Scottish Power wiped off a £5k plus balance because of their errors.
    I've not paid one for about 5 years.
    It's a long story of SPs errors and ineptitude.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hey Stree, That is with SSE. Hope all good with thee too. & Hi Alipip, Brilliant that those on prepayment get it early as in your case. We are on quarterly bills. Last year & previosuly it was always at end of March following year it was applied to account as a credit, so this year (2018/19) it has been applied 4 months early!

WOW...Bl00dy4e77 Nuke...not paid bills for 5 years...you must let us know the secret! Am sure there is a long drawn out story which probably didn't do you any favours causing stress and anxiety that wan't needed. Hoping when it is all resolved, if ever, that you at least come out on top and preferably with some compensation on top.

It's only that electric, everything else is paid up to date.

I did post the story a while back when they paid themselves from their own charity fund to 'cover up' their errors.
    I've not had a bill since then, but do get other letters, enails, and texts, smart meter nagging etc.

I don't get any letters/calls from their debt collection arm either.

No doubt when it gets up to 5k again they'll pay themselves from the charity fund again.

It was stressful at first but I couldn't care less now.
    If they ever tried to go to court to disconnect the judge would fall off his bench laughing at their ineptitude.

scottish power took my parents to court a few years to apply for a warrant of entry to disconnect and when my parents attended the magistrates court to contest the application they were informed they that could not enter the courtroom to contest/object to the issuing of the warrant so it seems when energy companys apply to the courts for warrants to gain entry the process is nothing more than a rubber stamping proceedure

I'd actually welcome them trying to go to court, I was after that the last time to try and get things sorted out.

I was previously paying by direct deductions from my ESA until SP cocked that up, I tried to reinstate it, the DWP agreed, SP agreed, but SP then cancelled it.
    The only thing I could work out there was that they wanted a pre-pay meter so they could recover more than benefit law lets them, but they can't fit a pre-pay meter in my particular circumstances.

Disconnection warrants are done in 'blocks', multiple applications at the same time, so any objection has to be in writing not by attendance at the court.

I would be interesting if they got a warrant to enter my property and disconnect, the meter is in the shop downstairs, which also has a seperate meter for the shop with a different supplier.
    (Because the meter is in the shop I don't have 24 hour access so they can't fit a pre-pay meter either, and for some reason will not relocate the meter unless my landlord pays them for it).
    So any warrant for my property would not / could not cover the shop, and SP would have issues getting a warrant to enter the shop because that is not their 'supply address'.

Like I said it's all complicated and because their various departments don't talk to each other it seems to have confused them to the point of throwing their hands up.

I have got mine in November the last couple of years.