Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal Credit(again)

Universal Credit(again)

What is the point of moving people in the support group (who will never realistically work again) how does moving them to universal credit make getting back to work easier? I look forward to your replies

maybe it's not just about making it easier to move into work maybe it's also about making life claiming any benefits so akward and uncomfortable that in the end you decide you cant take it anymore and do not bother claiming
    im on a low income and in full time employment and claim universal credit and i am getting to that point

i moved from ESA/SG to UC/LWCRA 13months ago and im £90 a month better off on UC , i admit its worrying at first but its exacly the same as ESA in my case . also ive moved since being on UC and that is so much easier , when i moved address on ESA it was fresh claims all round , but on UC you just change your address online and produce your tenacy as proof of rent and thats it (no form filling).
    the only thing i would add is the main issue when moving from ESA/SG to UC/LWCRA is making sure the JC staff understand your NOT availble for work or work related activity , they still talk as if your fit to work , but i didnt produce a fit note i just kept telling them im in SG so i dont need a sick note , it takes around 3months to add your SG/LWCRA rate to your basic UC amount , but in fairness they paid me basic UC from my first monthly payment and my housing costs (rent) then after ESA got back to them to confirm i was in SG they added my LWCRA including back payments of what they owed .
    the daft part of UC is everyone has to make a declaration on UC , if your in SG this just amounts to "notify of any change" although untill ESA confirm your SG it will say on your account "i will do everything i can to look for work" (as your UC declaration) but this will be taken down once your LWCRA is added to your payments , and replaced with "i will notify of any change" . once you have told them in your JC interveiw that your in SG they should not try and get you involved in anything "work related" talk , i had one person in a JC say she would like me to come in from time to time for a chat , dont agree to this you are not required to talk about work focused stuff if your in SG.
    Last edited by druid; 11-20-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    i moved from ESA/SG to UC/LWCRA 13months ago and im £90 a month better off on UC , i admit its worrying at first but its exacly the same as ESA in my case . also ive moved since being on UC and that is so much easier , when i moved address on ESA it was fresh claims all round , but on UC you just change your address online and produce your tenacy as proof of rent and thats it (no form filling).
    the only thing i would add is the main issue when moving from ESA/SG to UC/LWCRA is making sure the JC staff understand your NOT availble for work or work related activity , they still talk as if your fit to work , but i didnt produce a fit note i just kept telling them im in SG so i dont need a sick note , it takes around 3months to add your SG/LWCRA rate to your basic UC amount , but in fairness they paid me basic UC from my first monthly payment and my housing costs (rent) then after ESA got back to them to confirm i was in SG they added my LWCRA including back payments of what they owed .
    the daft part of UC is everyone has to make a declaration on UC , if your in SG this just amounts to "notify of any change" although untill ESA confirm your SG it will say on your account "i will do everything i can to look for work" (as your UC declaration) but this will be taken down once your LWCRA is added to your payments , and replaced with "i will notify of any change" . once you have told them in your JC interveiw that your in SG they should not try and get you involved in anything "work related" talk , i had one person in a JC say she would like me to come in from time to time for a chat , dont agree to this you are not required to talk about work focused stuff if your in SG.
    Did you have to fill out all new forms for ESA when you migrated? Or do you just give them your information and they change you over?

Is Contribution based SG exempt from UC?

Contribution based is not transferred to UC unless you have an IR top-up. If you do, the IR part goes over to UC as does any Housing Benefit etc.

Can I ask the following
    Daughter on ESA support group active claim to 2020 I been told
    When she moves over to UC will she need to do the following

Fill a form in
    Give a medical sick note in again
    Go for a medical

Or will there just do the migration over manual there selfs thing confusing

So I have just been backpaid the IR part, so that means even though I am in Support Group CB that at some stage I will have to go to UC? I am really worried about this, does that mean the Support Group goes?

Stacy37,
    That's not correct.
    If her ESA, or part of it, is IR then (as things stand) she will have to make a new UC claim - but only when the time comes.
    This may change, they are still talking about just how it will be done and they may do it without us having to make a claim ourselves.

But the law says that everyyone moving from ESA to UC automatically takes their group award with them and does not need to supply sicknotes or have a new assessment.
    The jobcentre staff have been know to get this wrong and tell people otherwise, but the law is the law.
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post133915

Sunny,
    No, the CB ESA can stay outside of UC and be paid seperately, only the IR part will eventually become UC.
    Your Support Group component is CB ESA so can stay seperate, but the premiums you have just been backpaid are IR ESA so will become UC.
    Once you do migrate then you will still be paid CB ESA with Support Group fortnightly, the IR premiums will be paid monthly as UC.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

nukecad what is this that I have heard about when this happens that SDP and EDP gets taken away? Would this be the case with me if I am still on them benefits then?