Thread: Letter after sending esa50

Letter after sending esa50

I have received a letter Your claim for employment and support allowance. A change in the employment and support allowance rate payable.

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. From 9th November your employment and support allowance will be...

This is because of a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group. You meet the eligibility criteria for Support Group. This means you are not required to take part in any work related activity. It goes on about a xmas bonus, and then states in the calculation at the end that this the amounts on this page apply from 9 November 2018 to 29 November 2019.

I am a bit confused is this a reply to my esa50 form?

I have been placed in Support Group for 18 Months. So April 2020. I forgot to ask about being sent another esa50 form as I thought it was a year before. So does that mean I will get a form April 2019?

NO, PIP is done 1 year in advance, your ESA will be 1-2 months (feb/mar) in 2020, although you may find it's later than that depending on if there is a backlog or not.

your payments will continue until there is another decision on your fitness to work whenever that may be.

Thank you slipmaster. Also the date above should be 2018 not 2019 as in my first post. The person stated I did not need a medical.

The November 2018 is not significant.

It just means that for that one week, 29 November, your money 'amount' will change because they add the £10 xmas bonus.

It's stupid and confuses a lot of people.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sunny, when did you send ESA50 form? Just wondering on your time scales. Did you have an assessment or paper based?
    Thank you

I know they got my esa50 on the 1st October. I never had a medical just a letter today saying I am in Support Group.