Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PIP Review and Evidence

A person from Welfare Rights came out to see me about my PIP review form yesterday, I did give him a bit of evidence but he said that these reviews are more about the DWP trying to prove we don't have health problems rather than us proving we do.

He said the only thing he saw a problem with was the social interaction question and not because I don't struggle with social interaction but because I haven't had any treatment for my mental health problems for a while but there is a reason for that and the reason was sort of given to them in a letter from my GP when I first claimed PIP, it's because I had tried everything that was suggested and it didn't help. It's very silly that the DWP/Government insist that we get treatment when some of us aren't actually capable of leaving our homes etc. He thought all that would happen would be my points would be reduced to about 4, which he said was ok because I had extra points.

Am I confident? nope, and my anxiety/depression/fm are quite bad and flaring up at the moment.

Does anyone know what the approx waiting time is for them to send you an appointment for a face to face is? I know it depends on where you live.

Wish people would post more success stories on the net lol.

Hi, could anyone help me on the MH Pip reviews, my daughter was awarded pip descriptor 1d, she is on the autistic spectrum, do you think she may be one of those up for review, I appreciate it is going back as far as December 2016, but this was when she transferred from DLA to pip, where she was awarded standard pip only, after tribunal and then onto upper tribunal, her enhanced care was put back in place and was awarded standard mobility. thanks for any further info.