Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA3 (IBR) Form

I take it from starbright's responses they are looking for a basic decision letter that says someone is getting income based ESA.

So they basically seemingly only accepting 100% IR ESA recipients as qualifiers for help with NHS costs. So simply put the NHS staff need retraining, as they dont seem to have a recognition of a CB ESA award letter that also states receipt of EDP otherwise known as disability income guarantee. The really poorly worded DWP award letters wont be helping matters.

I am guessing if they see "based on your national insurance contributions" as part of the award breakdown, they are assuming its 100% based on NI and refusing on those grounds.

Not realy,

I suspect they know well enough but don't like making refunds so pressure their staff into being pedantic in the hope that you will give up.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

How I'm understanding it, & believe me this could be totally wrong that although I showed them proof of ESA IR award in the extra form I asked DWP to send me because the DWP didn't send me a correct ESA IR award letter the NHSBSA will not accept anything other than a correct ESA IR Award letter.

In my incorrect ESA IR award letter they didn't say they were awarding me ESA IR they said my ESA was going up & instead of including a piece of paper that state's how they calculated your award made up of ESA IR & the two disability benefits it had a piece of paper that states how they calculated my ESA CB up to this award.

Now because my ESA IR award letter has all the money worked out for ESA CB they won't accept it.

Now because I've gone round long enough with these people both NHSBSA & the DWP I tried to complain that the NHSBSA is wrong when in fact they aren't they just need a correct award letter the fault lies with the DWP. Since I have asked for something the NHS will accept to get free prescriptions & the paper they sent me the NHSBSA won't accept & that I've asked three times for a ESA CB 3 years in the support group some time back in Sept award letter & never getting one I've logged a complaint to the CRT there is no point in me asking the DWP for a correct award letter because you have no idea what they will send you as I've found out last year.

Are the NHSBSA being an annoying entity yes, do they know I am exempt for paying prescriptions yes, are they bothered to help me get the right form so I can get the refund no.

So I'm now waiting to se if the CRT have any better luck than I've been having
    Last edited by StarBright; 18-01-20 at 18:00.

Yep that's what I worked out from what you posted, completely nonsensical.

Surely is the sceptical me say's that because they want everyone to claim UC & knowing full well that with a award letter that actually say's I am on ESA IR with SDP I can get HB & CT benefit without having to claim UC & will allow me free NHS treatment they don't print correct award letters........

But that's just having had 5 months non stop of the DWP it turns you very cynical!

Again you have to remember that this is not about entitlement to free healthcare, that is not in doubt.

It's simply about trying getting a refund of an already paid for prescription pre-payment certificate, which they don't want to do so are making things awkward.
    (They might as well just say 'no refunds' and have done with it, but of course that would be seen as unfair).

They hadn't met me yet
    Last edited by StarBright; 07-02-20 at 08:56.

I contacted the CRT on Jan 17th. I received this notification email:

We acknowledge your email, which is now in the process of being assigned to a member of our team for resolution. We will make contact with you shortly.

Our aim is to resolve all complaints within 15 working days. If we are unable to provide you with a full reply by then we will let you know why and how long it will be before we can provide you with a full resolution.

We cannot enter into long exchanges by e-mail due to security restrictions. If in our reply we need to refer to your personal details we will reply in writing or by telephone.

For further information please visit our website www.gov.uk

Thank you

So I did not count Friday 17th as one working day I counted from Monday the 10th of Jan. That makes today the 15th working day & so far I've heard nothing. If they don't contact me today I've no idea what to do next it can't be this difficult to get an ESA IR award letter out of the DWP!. I don't know if they have done anything at all have they spoken to the DWP? have they contacted the NHSBSA? I've no clue as to what's going on perhaps I need somewhere to complain about the CRT!

Our aim is to resolve all complaints within 15 working days.
    It's a target, not a guarantee.

They are maybe waiting for NHSBSA to get back to them with an answer?

I'd have patience and give them another week at least.

PS. It took 17 days to get my reply when I last contacted them.

That's funny I was just thinking to myself I wonder how long it took for you to get yours sorted out now I know. The reason why I assumed I would hear something is the way they have worded their email saying IF it's going to take more than 15 working days they will contact me to let me know.

If they don't stick to what they say in their email there's no point in them saying it

But I will wait another week

Is there no one in this world that does what they say they will do, don't pee on my leg & tell me it's raining!