Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ESA3 (IBR) Form

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    ....what about the poor people who were on esa CB and were on the wrong rate then suddenly after reviews found fit for work surely they should also include these people as well.

sadly those who have died and were on the wrong rates will never get it they make you so mad.
    I missed this one (maybe it got lost in the spam).

Every transfer from IB to ESA is being reviewed, including those who are no longer getting ESA.

Whilst those who have passed on will obviously not see any backpay it will be assessed and if backpay is due it will be paid into their estate, so their heirs will recieve it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

finally got the payment just over £2200, less then I hoped but it is correct when I checked the breakdown, nothing was deducted for income/assets.

I would have been waiting till april but the DWP did agree that I was to be move up in priority after the statement fiasco.

Also my payment was processed as ESA not JSA like other people had it done.

An update on me & question

After 2 years 9 months of waiting I had my home medical assessment for ESA (they didn't have anyone to send) in August & after 7 weeks I called the DWP & as I have not had the letter yet they have given me 3 more years in the support group I asked for a copy of the health assessment & I was awarded 15 points for mobility. I knew I'm worse now than I was when I filled the forms in but seeing someone write in black & white is quiet something!

So while I was on the phone I asked about disability premiums & he checked because I'm only claiming ESA CB I don't qualify for it so I said my savings are now under £16,000 if I claim IR ESA would that trigger a Universal credit application he said I don't think so & asked someone else & they said no so I now have a ESA3 05/18 booklet to fill out. It's just come so I won't start it today but had a flick through & the question when did your circumstances change well that was about 16 months ago when my savings went below the £16,000 limit my question is do I put that? Do they back date I'm guessing not that far back & it's really my fault because I didn't call to get this form. I was waiting for the ESA medical to be done. So what should I put?

So just to clarify I'm on ESA CB Pip standard for mobility & care which was awarded for 4 years review after three years which is end of April next year. I do not claim housing benefit or council tax benefit because I re read this & if I get a IR ESA top up & get severe disability premium added I don't have to claim U/C housing I can get the old style one.

Thank You

You need to be careful about this, there has been some discussion on rightsnet about it.

The consensus is that if you are receiving CB ESA then you can still get IR premiums added by means of an ESA3 because it's not a new claim it's a change of circumstances. (But see below about Credits Only claims).
    Where you need to be careful:
    You may have to try 3 or 4 times to get someone at the DWP to send you an ESA3. (They don't know the rules as usual).
    If on the phone they say you have to claim UC instead simply thank them, hang up, and try again to get someone who will send an ESA3.

You already have the ESA3 so that is not a problem here, just fill it in and send it back.

On the ESA3 put the date when your savings dropped below £16k.
    They probably won't backpay till then, because as you say it was your own fault for not telling them. But it's worth a try and you never know.

If you are living alone then don't claim HB just yet.
    Technically you could because, technically, you are entitled to IR ESA and so SDP - but I wouldn't trust the council to understand that properly, better to get it confirmed first.
    Wait until the IR ESA is confirmed and you will then be entitled to the Severe Disability Premium.
    (You may have to fill in an IS10 to get it actually paid, but they should/may do it off the ESA3).
    As you say having SDP means that you can't claim UC under any circumstances, and so can make a new claim for HB.

You can get HB backdated for one month before the date you claim if you can show 'good reason' for not claiming earlier.
    In this case "You were waiting for a decision on another benefit" counts as 'good reason'.
    See this for good information about backdating HB (and CTR): https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk...efit_backdated

Council Tax Relief is run by the council not the DWP, you can claim that now without it triggering UC.

Of course IR ESA and HB will be Managed Migrated to UC eventually, (in a few years?).
    But in your circumstances it's important to get, and then keep, the IR ESA with the SDP.
    It will mean that you will get more money when you are Managed Migrated.

Credits Only claims.
    If you have Credits Only ESA because of savings or a partners income then you can't get IR ESA put back in payment if the savings or partners income drops.
    This is because 'Credits only ESA (or JSA)' is a myth used for convenience, NI Credits are actually a different thing altogether to DWP benefits, they are governed by different laws and are administered by HMRC.
    If your savings or partners income drop you don't actually have an ESA claim to put back into payment, so it's a new claim which has to be UC.
    (Again though there are some reports of DWP putting IR ESA back in payment in these circumstances, they don't know what they are doing as usual)
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-09-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Thank You

I'm glad I didn't ask here before asking for the ESA3 form as that would of put me off knowing some don't give it out.

Thank you I will put the date my savings went under the £16,000 & see what happens but I don't expect any back payment for that, it was my decision.

Yes I'm living alone & won't apply for housing benefit yet until I have the IR ESA sorted out.

I didn't realise the housing benefit & Council tax benefit stand alone from each other I did go onto my area's council & clicked the online form to fill up & it said it's for both HB & Council tax

The last bit about Credits only claims do you mean if after filling out the ESA3 form & my savings go lower than they are now I can't claim again for extra money from IR ESA?

Thank You

Councils are still catching up with HB being taken off them and moved to the DWP in the form of UC housing element.

So some of them haven't split the application forms up yet, so are still using the old forms even though they now only apply fot CTR (unless you have SDP or live in "specified accommodation").

The credits only thing was just for information if anyone else came across this thread.
    It does not apply in your situation at all.

Once it's sorted out you will have to keep the DWP up to date with your savings.
    If they go down by £250 or more your IR ESA will go up.
    If they go up by £250 or more your IR ESA will go down.

You can't just spend them willy nilly though, or give them away, in order to get more money in benefits.
    You have to be sensible about what you spend any savings on and only spend them on things you need to or that are 'reasonable'.
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-09-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Thank You,

Will let you know how I get on. If I loose the PIP living bit next April I would then loose the SDP & that would then mean I could be put on U/C?

Thanks

No, it's only making a brand new claim for an income related benefit that means UC at the moment.
    Losing something is not a new claim.

If you don't make any new claim then UC won't happen, yet.

PS. I added a bit above so you may want to read it again.

I will say 99% chance nukecad is right, only in sept I got SDP added, it was a diff form to EDP, but its the same principle, addition of disability premium.

Thank you both

If I don't get the ESA CB award letter in the next couple of weeks I will call again & get another one sent out.

Will let you know how I get on