Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA3 (IBR) Form

Its stuff like this is why I dumb it down when speaking to NHS/chemist staff, I just say I am on IR ESA, I dont say CB ESA with IR topup because its possible it would confuse them.

I agree Worried,

Family member went into the chemist with the award letter they gave me after I asked for one that the NHSBSA can not accept as evidence I'm on ESA IR & it was funnily enough got the actual chemist they showed her the letter they said that's fine got prescriptions & off.

So I need to rejig my complaint email to CRT saying the the DWP has not given me a proper ESA IR award letter attache what they gave me ask for them to get me a proper award letter so the NHSBSA give me a refund. I'm also tempted to ask them to get the DWP to send me an ESA CB award letter as have asked three times & have not received one of those either which I was awarded back in Sept.

Edit to say I've reworded the complaint letter to CRT saying I need the DWP to send me a normal official award notice of ESA IR that they were supposed to send me which they didn't so it's recognised by the NHSBSA. I also said that I am unwell with multiple chronic illnesses & can not keep going round in circles from the dwp & NHSBSA!

Just got the standard reply saying they have 15 working days to sort it out
    Last edited by StarBright; 17-01-20 at 11:39.

Sorry for another post the NHSBSA has written this in reply to my email back to them saying I don't know what they want:

o clarify, the letter provided by the Department for Work and Pensions which discusses income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) cannot be used to confirm benefit entitlement.

An ESA award notice will normally be three pages and contain all the information in relation to the benefit you receive. It will normally be issued yearly and advises of your entitlement for the coming year. You have provided a similar award notice which indicated contribution-based ESA.

Once we received you award notice and this confirms entitlement to income-related ESA we can review your refund request for your PPC.

So will see what the CRT say & tell them the above if I need to. I've still no idea what that is they want as I never get an award letter once a year for my ESA CB but perhaps you do with ESA IR

I see what they are asking for now. (And they are being stupid as we thought).

They are asking for your anual uprating letter that comes once a year, usually in March, and says how much ESA you will get for the following year.

Obviously your award has been revised by the court since the letter you got last year.

They should accept that revision letter, so I'd get back to them and point out that the court decision has revised last years letter and by law they have to accept the revision by the court rather than simply relying on last years uprating letter.
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-01-20 at 18:34.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

@dlfteam,

You may want to delete our posts about attachments from this thread to keep it on topic.
    We can start a new thread elswhere to investigate that attachment issue.

No wonder I don't know what they are talking about in all the years I've been claiming benefits I have never had a anual uprating letter for any benefit All I get is when the awards are coming to an end forms to be reassessed an award or a medical then award letter & the only other thing I get is how much benefits I've been paid for the year that I don't need to pay any tax & a letter telling me if the benefits are going up in April.

a letter telling me if the benefits are going up in April.
    That's the one they are talking about.

But obviously yours from last year only said CB ESA, you need to make it clear to them that that letter is out of date and that you have now been awarded IR ESA as from such and such a date.
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-01-20 at 19:11.

I've not had one of those for the last 4 years! ever since Cameron froze the benefit's I've not been getting them at all not even to tell me they are not going up so they will have a hard time finding one!

Edit to say I get them for PIP because that so far has always gone up

Well at least we now know what NHSBSA are getting wrong.

Yes

Lets hope the CRT can sort it out, there is no way your average person would have a clue as to what the NHSBSA want & there is no way an average person can get the DWP to send the right thing!

I'm claiming benefits not applying for mastermind! All I want is my £30 back