Thread: disabled access shower...own home

newcastlebabes2

Unhappy disabled access shower...own home

Please please please......can someone help me with advice (new to forum)
    I own my home, I had a disabled access shower fitted by social services 9 years ago, have had an awful damp smell in the bathroom for a good few months but could see no mould or damp apart from mould in the silicon in shower area. Go someone in to remove silicon and remove grout in shower area to replace...but now found the tiles are crumbling and there is black mould behind the tiles and the wall behind tiles is soaking wet.....now worried about lifting the flooring they put down as the floor boards are creaking badly and I am worried that they are soaking too. Please can someone advise me where I stand and who do I contact about this or is it down to me to repair as I own my home.

You could contact social services, (customer first) and ask their advice, or if you haven't been assessed since 9 years ago ask for a re-assessment or an occupational therapy assessment to see if your facilities still meet your needs and if there is anything else that might help you.