Thread: 2019 Benefit Rates.

2019 Benefit Rates.

The 'proposed' Benefit Rates for 2019 have been published 4 days ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-2019-to-2020

Not much changes with ESA.
    WRAG doesn't change.
    SG goes up by £0.90
    All the premiums increase sightly, I'll not list them all see the link.

UC LCWRA goes up by £7.88 a month. (Which is more than ESA SG, presumably to take account of having no premiums with UC).
    UC Carers goes up by £3.75 a month.
    There are a few other increases for disabled child related elemants.

PIP also increases slightly on all components, again see the link for the differences.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-27-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Better than a kick up the a..e Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Better than a kick up the a..e Nuke.
    I'm in WRAG, like many others, and we have been stuck on the same payment since April 2015 while the cost of living keeps going up.

I'd say that's another kick in the B*lls every year.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'm in WRAG, like many others, and we have been stuck on the same payment since April 2015 while the cost of living keeps going up.

I'd say that's another kick in the B*lls every year.
    That's the way of things nuke, but given everything you've said over the years and leaving aside the issue of ESA. I don't understand why you haven't taken a shot at a PIP application given you're epilepsy and subsequent heart condition. I assisted someone local to me a while ago who was placed in the WRAG and who's payments had been stopped due to the 365 day rule, there was no new 'evidence' but she did succeed in obtaining a standard care award. It's something that bears thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    That's the way of things nuke, but given everything you've said over the years and leaving aside the issue of ESA. I don't understand why you haven't taken a shot at a PIP application given you're epilepsy and subsequent heart condition.
    Because I simply do not fit any of the PIP descriptors. (It's the same with the ESA SG descriptors).

For example on the PIP2 form I would have to answer NO to every question except one.

The one I would answer YES?
    Q5a - Do you use an aid or appliance to monitor your health conditions, take medication or manage home treatments?
    I have a dosette box, and a blood pressure / heart rate monitor.
    But I don't need help using them, and they are my choice not a necessity. (Zero points).

The issue is that the PIP (and ESA SG) descriptors just do not take any account whatsoever of 'Unconciousness'.
    (It's only the ESA WRAG descriptors that do that).

Obviously when unconcious you can't cook, eat, drink, go out, talk to or interact with people, get dressed, have a wash, get to the toilet, manage money, etc., etc.
    (I did try that approach with my recent WCA, to no effect as expected).

But the PIP questions/descriptors are just not structured to take any account of that at all.

Do I need help/aids to prepare a meal? - NO.
    Do I need help/aids to eat or drink? - NO.
    Do I need help/aids to wash/bathe? - NO.
    Do I need help toileting? - NO
    Do I need help/aids when dressing? - NO.
    Do I need help managing money? - NO.
    Do I need help to go out or get to where I want? - NO.
    And so on.

You see the problem? Zero points for every one.

When I am concious I can manage all the tasks without help.
    When I am unconcious I am not doing the tasks so don't need help.

I can do the tasks 'To an acceptable standard', 'Repeatedly', and 'In reasonable time'.

It might be possible to argue that when unconcious you 'cannot' do certain of the tasks where 'cannot' applies.
    Basically that's Washing. Maybe toileting, but there is no 'cannot' for toileting or managing incontinence it would be 'needs assistance'.
    The others, Preparing food, dressing, communicating, reading, budgeting are not needed when unconcious. (Unless you are in a long term coma)
    I don't see that approach getting anywhere with the assessor or DM, and not very far in a tribunal either.

There is the problem that my main limiting condition is 'Hypersomnolenece', a form of Narcolepsy.
    Typical reaction - "That's just being asleep not a disability". (They tried that one when I first claimed ESA).

Unless/until they change the descriptors that's about it.

Even with epiepsy it's not the unconciousness itself that counts.
    It's the consequences of needing help / supervison to ensure that you don't harm yourself if/when you have a fit, and the debilitating effects when you are recovering from a fit.
    My epilepsy is not that severe, one or two fits a year.

I may have another look, but I would need to get very creative to come anywhere near.
    And it's difficult to support creative statements/arguments.

Our only hope could be a general election and Labour getting into power in 2019.