Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webuyanycar.com - my experience

Thumbs up selling a WAV

I originally found this thread when I was looking to sell a wheelchair car... although this post didn't contain the info I wanted - I thought I'd return to post some additional info as it may help someone else out who stumbles on this thread.

So WBAC gave me a pretty dire quote after an initial promising online price - I just rolled my eyes and walked away. I decided to search to see if any companies were a dedicated WAV buyer (how I found this thread) and I eventually found a company in Somerset that deal in WAVs and made me what I consider a fair offer and they didn't adjust their quote when they saw it in person. I don't remember there being any admin fees or other costs - so I thought I'd share here for anyone in the same boat:
    https://www.wavsgb.com/we-buy-your-wav/

WBAC are nothing short of con artists, well done for beating them.
    Call me Mike.

It is not only WBAC who are rip offs I used our own car as AP for my first motability car. Our car had covered just 47,000 we owned it from virtually new and had it main dealer serviced every year despite only covering 7,000 pa. The car was just short of 7 years old and had a value of £5000 but we had lots of problems with it and I wanted rid of it. The motability garage offered £3000 which I said was rather low but I wanted rid so agreed. I signed all the paperwork and three months later the motability car was ready to be collected. I was then astonished to be told they would only give £2000 for the car I turned it down,the salesman's face went white. In the end I had to settle for just £2700 we left feeling ripped off.
    I was told we could have applied for a motability grant but it didn't feel right we had a car that would cover the AP so why apply for a grant.