Thread: Xmas bonus - From my bank.

Xmas bonus - From my bank.

I got an odd letter from my bank this morning.

Between 31 August 2010 and 2016, there were times when we didn't let you know in advance the overdraft charges that we were going to apply to your current account, ...., I am sorry this happened.

We will pay £19.80 into your account, ....., by 20 December 2018. This includes compensation interest calculated at 8% a year.....
    So I'm being compensated 20 quid, for something that happened at least 2 years ago maybe as much as 8 years ago, that I didn't even know was a problem.

Looks like they fell foul of the 'Standards for Lending Practice' about notifiying charges, why they have only just picked it up now I've no idea.

It'll buy a bottle of something for christmas, cheers LLoyds.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Well it is Christmas time so make it a good bottle

btw, came across you on the Piriform forums yesterday when I was looking at how to get rid of the "Quick Clean" option, it's a small world

Yep, that's me on the Piriform forum, you'll also find me on the Mawarebytes forum, as well as a few others.

TBH I'm not using CCleaner myself much these days.
    I wrote my own batch file to clean Firefox of cookies/supercookies/history/etc., as well as a few programme 'recently used' lists, and a few other files.
    Because it's only doing what I want, and not looking at stuff I never use, it takes less than a second to clear the junk I want it to.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.