Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claimant Commitment

yes I accept what you posted reference the law, although personally I think that could be successfully challenged, work placement is not too different from work itself. It seems the DWP sort of agree hence their guidance to their own staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    I still cannot see how they'll get bed-bound and mentally disabled people to attend job centre's and manage an online system!
    I've found a recent FoI answer that covers this point.
    It was originally asked about hospital in-patients, but the reply applies to anyone who cannot get to the jobcentre for medical reasons.

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39...cdO&board_id=1
    .. Where information needs to be physically verified and the claimant is unable to attend a
    jobcentre due to a health condition, DWP’s team of visiting officers can visit the claimant at
    home or at the hospital.
    This is dependent on the claimant’s condition, treatment and any
    hospital restrictions.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for taking the time to look that up Nukecad, be interesting to see if they require proof beforehand of making home or hospital visits to make a claim, I can see why people are switching themselves over! I still think the prognosis will catch a few, if their review period is out of date and they're due a work capability! I've yet to see anyone who is exempted from
    re-testing. Even if they have a severe functional disability lifetime illness prognosis is 2 years in most cases! Thanks again Nukecad sorry for late reply!