Thread: Wish me luck

Wish me luck

Renewal assessment 18 months after finally moving from DLA to PIP half way through a 2 year award tomorrow. I have not slept properly for days worrying, i cannot wait for this to be over -- i honestly want them to remove it from me, my life is already tough making & me go through this (and others) is an god awful experience that i can do without, i have learnt to live with nobody and nothing, losing my car mobility will be one more challenge but i will learn to adjust i suppose.

Wish me luck please, and good luck to others

xxx

Good luck, i know how you feel, it's a difficult process.
    let us know how it goes, mine f2f will be soon also so i empathise completely.

I guess we all look at our letterbox in a different way now, being left alone seems a distant memory now! Even when you get a prognosis your mind is on the next assessment! Good luck!

I got my result today, and i have been award PIP at the same rates no changes, but now its for 5 years! i have not stopped crying, i am overwhelmed. its like a massive weight off my shoulders.

The same thing happened to me after my last assessment as well. The decision maker actually extended the HCP recommendation by two years and even put in her reasoning she couldn't foresee me getting better, so therefore awarded longer.

Congrats on your decision!

Congratulations on your result, that must be a huge relief, not only the renewal but knowing they'll leave you alone for a longer period.

What a relief it must be for you .

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcee View Post
    I got my result today, and i have been award PIP at the same rates no changes, but now its for 5 years! i have not stopped crying, i am overwhelmed. its like a massive weight off my shoulders.
    hi lammrcee im glad to here you have got another 5years driving ! .
    im in the same position as you i was moved off of DLA last year to PIP and i got 2YEARS of PIP .
    having previously been on DLA for 17years without review , im wondering if its standard to give people PIP for 2YEARS then 5YEARS?.