Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second esa3(IBR) form received today after possible loss of first one..

Second esa3(IBR) form received today after possible loss of first one..

Received a esa3 IBR form on the 22nd of November And completed it and sent back on the 24 of November via second class recorded delivery and was signed for deliverd on the 29th have rang the dwp twice this week asking if they received it but they say they have not I also received another esa3(IBR) today the 6th of December exactly the same as the first, am now thinking original form is lost or dwp have a backlog and will have to complete form again.

Haven't got a clue.

They do 'misplace' things at the mail handling centres, that often turn up again later.

Recorded/signed for is no guarantee that they got it as they sign for a sackfull, or even a truckfull, of letters at a time.

Did you make a copy of the original one before you sent it?
    (I got a printer/scanner from the local charity shop for a fiver and now scan everything before I post it).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Have now noticed that return envelope has a different handling site then my first one, confused...

No unfortunately I didn’t do a copy..

Oh well,

About all you can do is fill it in again and send it again.

Make a copy before sending it, sods law says if you make a backup you hardly ever need it.

I received 2 ESA3 forms a couple of days apart. One in a white envelope and one in a brown envelope with return envelopes to different handling sites. My thought was that the first form was foe applying for ESA(IR) from this time onwards and the second form was in relation to back pay as the claim date was already filled in from the time I changed from Incapacity Benefit to ESA. Maybe that's the same for you?

The second form was partially completed and had lots of asterisks and lines drawn across different sections. It looked like a photocopy.

My first form had asterisks I should have copied it, my first heading letter had leap409f after my national insurance number but the second didn’t first one going to Torquay IBR post handling site a Wolverhampton and second going to Birkenhead IBR site b Wolverhampton

One of the problems with this review process is that they keep changing just how they are doing it, and keep changing the forms and letters.

For instance the (latest?) ESA3(IBR) 06/18 is different to the (previous?) ESA3(IBR) 08/17
    I've also seen at least 3 different versions of the covering letter.

Birkenhead dealing with this is a new one on me, I'd only previously heard about the Torquay and Oldham IBR offices.

Like I say they keep changing things.

I am not surprised one bit, the DWP seem very disorganised, I have written a complaint to the DWP about the following.

Why is there no electronic way to submit documents in 2018
    No option presented to hand documents and have them verified as received by job centre staff.
    Why do sent documents just vanish without a trace at the DWP but not at other organisations.
    Why the call centre didnt even know the address I was supposed to send to never mind supplying an envelope and to make this even worse its a special call centre setup specifically for the ESA3 IR stuff.

I will alert everyone here how they respond if they respond.

For reference people here my office is Torquay. But the call centre is in Wales.

..to make this even worse its a special call centre setup specifically..
    How about the benefit advisor who rang the UC helpline about his clients UC50 only for the phone jockey to ask "What's a UC50?".
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13784/

If you made it up nobody would believe you.