Thread: pip awarded but 1 point short is it worth appealing

pip awarded but 1 point short is it worth appealing

hi everyone

i got my pip award letter last week and i have been given standard care and enhanced mobility which is great but i am one point off enhanced care

i have an appointment with the cab to get some advice on whether to appeal i got 2 points for help with engaging with other people for :needs prompting to be able to engage with other people

i have social support with a support worker for 6 hours over 2 days(although this may increase) to help me attend medical appointments and access groups and the community and to engage with other people when i need too.
    without this support i wouldn't be able to go out or be around people at all due to my physical and mental health disability

this is the descriptor i would like to appeal would having social support twice a week help me meet

the descriptor: needs social support to engage with other people
    so i would get 2 extra points.
    if not im happy with what i have been given but just would like to know if its worth trying for that extra point

also they have given me the award for 3 years 9 months saying that my condition could get worse would it be a good idea to appeal this too as i have a life time condition of Cerebral Palsy in my both my legs and also have been diagnosed with anxiety depression agoraphobia arthritis and chronic pain through out my body

Any advice would be appreciated please before i go to my appointment on Wednesday

thank you

Me oersonally, I would leave it at that but it's your choice, do you like a gamble ? !!
    Call me Mike.