Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused ESA 3 FORM please help

Confused ESA 3 FORM please help

Hello there ,

'im very confused and dont want to make my depression and anxiety worse so i have came on here for some advice. I was on IB and got moved over to ESA CB and revived a esa3 form .

Ok basically my girlfriend has help me filled the form out but i am now in doubt on what ive read and been told that i wont qualify .
    he is my income and situation so any help would be grateful.

Im in my late thirty's and live with my Mother and farther and Girlfriend with also have a one daughter

My mum is the house tenet so i live with my mum she gets housing benefit and is also disabled

i receive £115.15 for ESA CB a and DLA £79.95 every week my partner gets Child tax credit and child benefit which im told wont affect the claim for esa3 however she is a living career for my mother and gets careers allowance of around £60.00 per week we have no savings over 5,000 and no pensions schemes or house ect ..

Would i be entitled to anything ??

Is it worth sending the form off ??

Please help it making be feel trapped...

Regards

From what you say then you should be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium ongoing from now, which would put your ESA payment up to £127.15 a week.

You would also be due some backpay of the EDP from the time when you moved from IB to ESA.
    (You don't say just when you transfered but say it was early 2013 then your backpay would be around £2,750)

So yes it's definitely worth sending the form back.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

thanks for your help nukecad , i spoke to a guy from a benefit team he said that the careers allowance that my parnters gets would really not make it worth sending back but my partner gets the cares allowance from looking after my mum not me . it was from april 2014 on the letter. we got 4,000 saved but it does go up and down for bills etc but never over 4k.

can you explain why i should be entitled it please. trying to make it out in my head.

sorry for the question but im reading u only get the EDP if u on higher DLA care component im on Middle/low DLA.

Reading your post again I believe the guy on the phone was right that it would not increase your current ESA payment.
    It could even leave you worse off.

It's a bit complicated which is why I missed it, let me do some checking and I'll come back later.

Just didn't want you to think I had gone away without answering.

Quote Originally Posted by haribo82 View Post
    sorry for the question but im reading u only get the EDP if u on higher DLA care component im on Middle/low DLA.
    I don't have any DLA or PIP and get the EDP I'm in the Support group! To be honest I can do without the hassle of more assessments so never applied for them!

im in the support group to and always have been ....

Severe disability premium
    You must get the disability premium or income-related ESA, and one of the following qualifying benefits:

PIP daily living component
    AFIP
    DLA care component at the middle or highest rate
    Attendance Allowance (or Constant Attendance Allowance paid with Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit or War Pension)
    You usually cannot have anyone aged 18 or over living with you, unless they’re in one of these situations:

they get a qualifying benefit
    they’re registered blind
    they’re a boarder or subtenant (but not a close relative)
    they make separate payments to the landlord
    You cannot get the severe disability premium if someone is getting Carer’s Allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.

If you’re in a couple
    You’ll get the higher amount of severe disability premium if both you and your partner are eligible.

You can get the lower amount if:

someone gets Carers Allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after only one of you
    only one of you meets the eligibility criteria and the other is registered blind
    Enhanced disability premium
    To get this, you must be under pension credit age.

You must get the disability premium or income-related ESA, and one of the following:

PIP daily living component at the higher (‘enhanced’) rate
    AFIP
    DLA care component at the highest rate
    You’ll also get this if you’re in the support group for income-related ESA.

Sorry about that, Carers Allowance gets complicated when it is mixed with other benefits and I needed to check a few things out.

If you return the ESA3(IBR) and so claim for the IR ESA entitlement it will do 2 things.
    1. It would entitle you to additional disability premiums
    2. It would make it a joint claim because you are living with your partner.

You are right about the CA not counting towards you getting Severe Disability Premium, because the CA is paid for looking after your mum not you so it wouldn't count.
    However I believe that you still do not qualify for the SDP because you are living with your partner, (Unless she also gets DLA/PIP), and other people.

So that leaves the Enhanced Disability Premium.
    Everybody who is in Support Group and has an entitlement to IR ESA gets paid EDP, there are no other conditions.

So your ESA would become ESA couples rate with the Support Group element and the EDP.
    That would be 114.85 + 37.65 + 23.55 = £176.05

Now for the problems with the Carers Allowance.
    You can't be paid both CA and ESA at the same time on your own claim, but I believe that a partner on a joint claim can claim CA seperately.
    However this would then be counted as income, and deducted from the Income Related ESA on the joint claim.

What is worse in this case is that the addition of a partner to your claim would mean the loss of your Transitional Addition. (That's one of the things I was checking).

CA is currently £64.40 which when deducted from the £176.05 would leave you with £111.65 ESA in payment.

Whether you would be due any backpayment would depend on when you became a couple (and or when she started claiming CA).
    If it was before you transfered from IB then you would not be due anybackpayment.

As I say it gets complicated when CA is involved, but I believe that at the moment you are better off staying as you are with your CB ESA, the Transitional Addition, and no IR element.

You may want to get all that double checked with a professional welfare advisor, you can find one local to you by putting your postcode in here:
    https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-07-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks for your reply i phoned another advisory and there told me the esa3 form is nothing to do with premiums. it about at the time they should made a IR payment. to top it up