Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UC50 warning letter

UC50 warning letter

Was putting off sending it until last minute but received a warning letter to send ASAP , strange though as it was asking me to send it to a different address, I just used the pre paid envelope and sent it off to the Wolverhampton site . Sent it by recorded delivery, hopefully they’ll receive it by mid next week which it the deadline .
    Really hope I don’t have a f2f before the new year but knowing my luck it’ll prob be scheduled for Xmas week when I’m meant to be with family .
    Does anyone know what happens if they claim not to have received the form ? Do they just send out another to fill in or do they stop benefits even though you’d have proof of postage ?

Thanks in advance for any response

I personally dont leave it as late as you did, I tend to wait until the end of the 2nd week out of the 4-5 weeks they give you.

I have no idea what happens, I expect either you get a second chance, or you found fit for work, but thats me speculating.

If you don't return the UC50 in time then they are supposed to decide if you had 'Good Reason' for not returning it.

If you had 'Good Reason' then they will try again.

Here is their internal procedure for deciding if there was 'Good Reason' when a UC50 is not returned (or if you fail to attend a WCA):
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1

There is more guidance about 'Good Reason' in the Advice for Decision Making (ADM) Chapter G1, paragraphs G1125 – G1140.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...4948/admg1.pdf

If it comes to the worst and they find you did not have 'Good Reason' then they would be within the law to find you have not complied with the WCA process and remove your LCW/LCWRA status.

(With ESA this would mean the closure of your ESA claim, and you would have to make a new claim for JSA instead).

With UC you would not have to make a new claim.
    If you had a LCW/LCWRA element in payment that element would stop being paid.
    You would continue to get UC but would now be a 'Jobseeker' in the 'All work related requirements' group, with all that entails regarding Jobcentre attendance, 35 hour a week work searches, etc., etc.

You would have to try and go through the whole assessment process again to try and get your LCW/LCWRA back.
    If they let you that is, I'm not sure just what the reclaim processs is following a 'Failure to Comply' on a UC WCA? (It can be a problem with ESA).
    It's not something I've had reason to look up.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for replies .

Hopefully they’ll get it before the 12th. Was sent 1st class recorded yesterday so they should, got proof of postage so if they don’t I can always argue that it was sent 5 days before it was due .
    Just have to wait and see .

When I sent mine with the standard free post business reply they got it in 2 working days.

I say you should be fine try to ring Monday-Tuesday to double check with them.

Fingers crossed for you.

I posted mine on the 15th using their envelope but they’re claiming to have not received it yet. This was before I got the “reminder” letter from them. I received my form exactly 4 weeks before the deadline date, with the deadline being a bank holiday!

It can sometimes take a week or so for them to upload onto the system , happened to me last year .

I sent mine recorded delivery this year and it was signed for 2 days after posting .

ive been on UC for over a year and havnt seen a UC50 yet? although they did say my advised date for a WCA was back in march , although i know the advised date is just when they think i should be filling out a UC50 .
    i think on UC its your case manager who decides when your going to get a UC50 ? and what criteria guides them i have no idea

I think, not sure so don't quote me, that some reassessments are being 'deferred' again?

It makes sort of sense with the delays with Managed Migration.

And believe it or not there is also a debate going on about just how Brexit will affect UC.
    (That one even includes plans to scrap UC sanctions?)
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I agree its probably been deffered, reviews are automatic, usually to deffer manually is probably unusual, manual overides would be to start an assessment early not late.

The thing with the WCA system is the stress on the system is area dependent, some postcodes have large backlogs, others have none, so its a postcode lottery on deferrals, and lucky people I suppose are in the backlog areas, and have a chance of a 2 year deferral.