Thread: Half pay and ESA

Half pay and ESA

Hi, I wonder if someone can help answer another question I have been asked. People ask me lots about ESA and PIP now, they probably don't realise I get all my answers from here.
    This person has worked for many years but has recently fallen unwell. Currently under investigation by neurology and has been signed off. SSP about to run out but will still be entitled to half contractual pay, which works out about £700 per month, their employer has told them they will be entitled to ESA contributions based. Is this correct?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justme2017 View Post
    Hi, I wonder if someone can help answer another question I have been asked. People ask me lots about ESA and PIP now, they probably don't realise I get all my answers from here.
    This person has worked for many years but has recently fallen unwell. Currently under investigation by neurology and has been signed off. SSP about to run out but will still be entitled to half contractual pay, which works out about £700 per month, their employer has told them they will be entitled to ESA contributions based. Is this correct?
    Thanks
    Yes, they will be entitled to contribution based ESA or new style ESA if in a full service Universal Credit area. Any money paid by employer due to illness is disregarded.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/95/made

para 95(2)(b)

The employer should give the employee a SSP1 form to say why they are no longer paying SSP and the employee can make a claim.
    I try my best

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    Yes, they will be entitled to contribution based ESA or new style ESA if in a full service Universal Credit area. Any money paid by employer due to illness is disregarded.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/95/made

para 95(2)(b)

The employer should give the employee a SSP1 form to say why they are no longer paying SSP and the employee can make a claim.
    Thank you very much. If I told you who this person worked for, you wouldn't believe me lol

At a guess they work for DWP.