Thread: Weird Payment from DWP

Weird Payment from DWP

Yesterday I had to ring DWP as I hadn't had any payments gone in to my account since my back pay on 22nd November(IR EDP).I am already on Contributions Based.

They said I would be paid a sum by midnight today. I looked and found the payment has gone in earlier today. It says 'DWP JSA'. It also seems to be a monthly payment. When I rang the phone jockey seemed to say most of my payment would be IR. What's going on? Why have they called it JSA? I do wish they would make sense!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve the riddle. I don't want to have to ring them again. I am relieved the money has gone in though. Goodness knows what my next payment will be and when.

birdgirl x
    Last edited by birdgirl; 12-12-2018 at 01:06 PM.

it is nothing to worry about i had the same happen and enquired, it seems that the type of payment on screen buttons are very close together and sometimes they accidentally press the wrong button, next payment time check again it should be back to normal if not then do ring them

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl View Post
    Yesterday I had to ring DWP as I hadn't had any payments gone in to my account since my back pay on 22nd November(IR EDP).I am already on Contributions Based.

They said I would be paid a sum by midnight today. I looked and found the payment has gone in earlier today. It says 'DWP JSA'. It also seems to be a monthly payment. When I rang the phone jockey seemed to say most of my payment would be IR. What's going on? Why have they called it JSA? I do wish they would make sense!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve the riddle. I don't want to have to ring them again. I am relieved the money has gone in though. Goodness knows what my next payment will be and when.

birdgirl x
    This is perfectly normal. The DWP use the same payment system for both JSA and ESA. If they have to use a faster payment system, for example a same day payment as your money hasn't gone through, then it is always coded as JSA. Just how the system works.
    I try my best

It's perfectly normal for a 'faster payment'. (eg. when you have to ring them to say your payment hasn't gone in and they fast track it for later that day).

Simply put-
    ESA only has a system to make normal fortnightly payments, it can't do anything other than the fortnightly payments.
    So if they need to do something different, like a fast payment, then they use the JSA payment system instead.

You should be back to normal for your next payment.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

OK seems reasonable enough, thanks all for your replies x