Thread: Received ESA 3 form today 6 1/2 years after being in the ESA support group ?

Received ESA 3 form today 6 1/2 years after being in the ESA support group ?

Was put in the contribution based ESA support group 6.5 yrs ago coming from incapacity benefit. I've received an ESA 3 form today stating '' We need to look at your claim to decide if you might be eligible for income related ESA from June 2012 '' Now on that same form it also states that's it's not worth completing if my partner works more than 24 hours per week. Here's the catch, my wife didn't work more than 24 hours per week until last year, she now works 27 hours a week. So from what i can make out, although they owe me about 5yrs back money for the income related side of things, the way the form is worded ''DON'T COMPLETE THIS FORM IF DURING THE TIME BETWEEN 2012 AND NOW - YOU HAVE A PARTNER WORKING MORE THAN 24 HOURS A WEEK '' Means i cannot claim for the income based benefit i was entitled to ? Surely i should have been able to claim in 2012 not 6 1/2 yrs later when my wife now works 3 more hours than allowed ? Surely this can't be legal to do this to people ?

Quote Originally Posted by confused2much View Post
    Was put in the contribution based ESA support group 6.5 yrs ago coming from incapacity benefit. I've received an ESA 3 form today stating '' We need to look at your claim to decide if you might be eligible for income related ESA from June 2012 '' Now on that same form it also states that's it's not worth completing if my partner works more than 24 hours per week. Here's the catch, my wife didn't work more than 24 hours per week until last year, she now works 27 hours a week. So from what i can make out, although they owe me about 5yrs back money for the income related side of things, the way the form is worded ''DON'T COMPLETE THIS FORM IF DURING THE TIME BETWEEN 2012 AND NOW - YOU HAVE A PARTNER WORKING MORE THAN 24 HOURS A WEEK '' Means i cannot claim for the income based benefit i was entitled to ? Surely i should have been able to claim in 2012 not 6 1/2 yrs later when my wife now works 3 more hours than allowed ? Surely this can't be legal to do this to people ?
    I think you are misreading this.

It means if during the whole time between 2012 and now your partner was working more than 24 hrs a week.
    I try my best

Thank you, you are indeed correct, it does say the ''WHOLE TIME''....that's a big relief now knowing i can apply for it...again many thanks..