Thread: Is Carers Allowance backdated after winning pip tribrunal?

Is Carers Allowance backdated after winning pip tribrunal?

Hi, my daughter won her pip tribrunal on 23rd Oct 2018 and it was awarded for 5 years backdated to 17 Dec 2017.
    They stopped my wifes carers allowance on 17 Dec 2017 as well does she have to make a new claim for carers allowance and is it backdated to 17 Dec 2017 ?
    This was a transfer from dla to pip
    My daughter as not recieved any contact from dwp since winning her appeal.
    Thanks mark

The answer is I dont know.

So if I understand right your wife got the carers allowance because she was caring for daughter who previously had DLA.
    She then lost carers allowance as a direct consequence of your daughter losing DLA.

It would seem logical that it would be backdated as well, but it is possible you may get told that you should have appealed the loss of carers allowance, and that is a separate case.

Hopefully nukecad will reply as he/she is very good at knowing everything and give you a better answer.

Unfortunately I'm not sure either.

You would expect that the CA could be backpaid as it was stopped for a wrong DLA to PIP decision.

But as you say it may take another request for reconsideration on the MR claim.

Pmlindyloo and noisynoodle are usually better on the care and CA stuff.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes, it can be backdated as long as the claim is made within 3 months of the decision for the qualifying benefit.

From AgeUK

4.1 Backdating and advance claims CA can usually only be backdated for 3 months, so it is important to claim as soon as you think you might be entitled. If the person you look after has recently been awarded a qualifying benefit (see section 3.1) you can get CA backdated to the date of the award of the qualifying benefit, even if this was over three months ago. You must claim CA within 3 months of the award of the qualifying benefit being notified to the person you care for, otherwise you could lose out.

I would add that your wife needs to have met all the other qualifying conditions for CA during this time.

When making the claim you need to ask for backdating to the date of the new decision.
    I try my best