Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: and the merry go round starts again

and the merry go round starts again

So had pip in 1 month of 2017 got awarded 2 and half years, Then feb 2018 esa just sent letter saying still in support group no time frame, then june got pip review form no change in meds ect but sent same evidence as before, heard nothing since. yesterday got a phone call asking if I want to attend face to face this week... told them I would need them to call back as we have to make child care arrangements for appointment, then get told that they will send letter out for face to face within 3 weeks.

which leaves me wondering when will it end me going in assessment loops every year for ever? I mean I thought the govt advice now was for people with long term conditions that wont improve to be left for 10 years some hope. rant over

that is for people with highest award of pip with maximum allowed 10 years it was then light touch review and for esa people who won't get better would be left alone.

and if we all to believe this crap then people would believe there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

it won't happen under the conservatives or any other government until someone with compassion gets in and ends all reviews and get rid of these horrendous private greedy companies.

the very old system was better invalidity that was a time when the sick and disabled were taken care of and people thought about those less fortunate.

for me i have been in the loop over and over and will be facing it all again sometime around March i just feel like dumping esa and living on pip only god i wish we all could have a big win and end this cruel saga.

mikeydt1

I understand you having a grumble, but you have to give a thought towards those who through no fault of their own find themselves here, looking for help and advice and more importantly, hope.
    Your post above may reflect reality as you see it, but the idea behind this forum is to help, to find the positive, to guide and advise, and again, to give hope.
    You give none of those, so you provide nothing for those seeking help, in fact, it`s a bit of a downer isn`t it?

So just to counterbalance your post, for the sake of anyone new to all this here for the first time:

I first got ESA and PIP in 2012, after working all my life. ( so the world of benefits was alien to me) I had the face to face for ESA..results in about 3 weeks. Support group. Never had another assessment since.
    I had the face to face for PIP...results in a month, Higher rate mobility and standard care. Never had another assessment since.

So you see, it is not all as bad as you portray it.

just remember stree it is still a democratic society and people can have a say even if you don't like it.

and not everyone is so lucky like you and people need to know the truth if you can't stand it yourself, this person is like so many facing endless reviews and many more are in the same position.

a person next door who is really poorly all because of a change of address was forced on to UC and then ended up with no money for 6 weeks and yet this was supposed to have been sorted out this is the real world stree.

and no i am not coming back on to argue with you remember the person on here is down because like they say they are constantly on the merry go round.

I think people can post as they see fit, if they don't feel positive about it, they have no obligation to make out it's all sunshine and daisies.

When you sign up here you don't agree to only be positive about every situation, and if that is how Mikey feels about the system, agreeing with the OP, then there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    mikeydt1

I understand you having a grumble, but you have to give a thought towards those who through no fault of their own find themselves here, looking for help and advice and more importantly, hope.
    Your post above may reflect reality as you see it, but the idea behind this forum is to help, to find the positive, to guide and advise, and again, to give hope.
    You give none of those, so you provide nothing for those seeking help, in fact, it`s a bit of a downer isn`t it?

So just to counterbalance your post, for the sake of anyone new to all this here for the first time:

I first got ESA and PIP in 2012, after working all my life. ( so the world of benefits was alien to me) I had the face to face for ESA..results in about 3 weeks. Support group. Never had another assessment since.
    I had the face to face for PIP...results in a month, Higher rate mobility and standard care. Never had another assessment since.

So you see, it is not all as bad as you portray it.
    I am having to agree with you, I have been in the ESA support group since 2013 and PIP 24 point enhance and 24 points mobility paper assessment since January 2016 we only talk about the negatives of the system, but I can assure you the old system was far from perfect.
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

My tuppence worth

I thought this forum was for people to ask advice and maybe have a bit of a grumble about how they’re treated by the system and whilst I agree that few of us come back when it’s been a positive outcome , unfortunately for most here it’s anythibg but .

Amazing that you’ve had 1 assessment in 5 years , I myself have been sent 3 UC50 forms in 2 years and have just sent last one back , I’ve had my DL taken away , I’m on anti psychotics and 3 other meds daily for MH , see a psychotherapist weekly , get reviews regularly by psychiatrists and still the DWP badger me . I don’t claim PIP coz basically I just can’t deal with them , all I want is for them to leave me alone to try and get better and then I’ll get back to work . Having worked continually for 25 years then then a mental breakdown .

My assessments have been paper based last 2 times but I can say that the fear of getting another and threat of having your monies stopped are detrimental to our mental health. I hope this time next year to be working but the scaremongering sets me back no end.

mikey, you are correct, stree has got it wrong .........again.
    Call me Mike.

There needs to be reviews, but I think if someone has had the condition for say 10+ years and is not improving, with no new treatment in the pipe line it is clearly silly to keep reassessing them. Some common sense needs to be applied.

If you are a private company that makes more money from more reviews, then you have a business motivation to give out short prognosis, which seems to be what maximus is doing vs atos. I think the atos contract was a fixed fee, whilst maximus I think increases if a higher workload.

Gus........Have you found out the problems I had with benefits yet , that you claimed I had? Thought not..and how can I be wrong about my own experiences? I think you had better have a good study of what you say before you post, you just seem to be digging yourself a deeper hole.

Mike.As you say, we all have a right to say how we see things, and I just exercised that right............I DO feel sorry for those that are caught in the grinder, they have my every sympathy, I helped a good friend of mine out with ESA and PIP, took two years, so I know first hand what it is like, but what I do object to is the almost permanent negativity. How does that actually help anyone? If someone comes to me with a problem, I wouldn`t say " Oh yes, its really bad, can`t see a way out of it for you, it will crush you and spit you out"
    Rather I would offer some hope, some help, to assist however I could...................Why tell a drowning man that he is drowning rather than reach out a hand to him?

Ricos, so you are in support group, had a letter saying "no change".so you are carrying on as before.....and bear in mind ESA do not give length of awards like PIP, and your PIP award has lasted just short of 2 years out of a 2 and a half year length award ( which in itself is very good going, most people get called a year before it ends, not just 7 months) and now its time for your next assessment.....They offered you an early assesment ( probably because a slot came up free and seeing as people complain about waiting maybe they thought this slot may help) You felt unable to accept the slot so they will now send you a letter within 3 weeks.....................To be honest I do not think that is as bad as some folk get..............
    Saying that, you may be in a wheelchair like me, strapped to an oxygen bottle as I am...........I know that does make things seem harder. Please let me know If I have misunderstood any of the information you gave about ESA and PIP and the issues.