Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal credit: Amber Rudd to listen to expert guidance

I think the biggest issue is the rent and how the different councils will charge tax on an individual as to what council they reside in, also if they simply do away with disability enhancements for council tax etc, because you're on universal credit you have no protection whatsoever you're put into the same criteria as everyone else. I still say' they will try to say' anyone who has income related they will move all their payments over and hide the fact that they can be split into contribution and income related, there's always a dishonest con with the dwp.
    Last edited by TimeLord; 12-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.

I got that slightly wrong.

It's called "Scottish Choices" and is available through the journal after you have claimed UC and had your first payment, rather than through the online application form.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/un...ving-scotland/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    I still say' they will try to say' anyone who has income related they will move all their payments over and hide the fact that they can be split into contribution and income related, there's always a dishonest con with the dwp.
    does that have any foundation?
    it is very concerning

also am I right in thinking that the longer they take to do 'managed migration' then the longer they will put off any transitional protection - hence many many more people would lose out with the inevitable 'changes of circumstances' over the year?

It has no foundation, but many suspect that the DWP will try it on.
    The suspicion is that they will just tell you that you have to "close your legacy IR benefits claims and claim UC instead", thereby tricking you into closing CB ESA claims as well.

They can't close your CB claim, by law, but they can try and trick you into closing it yourself.
    Which is why it is important to know just what kind of ESA you have, and remember that you could have both.

There will eventually be 'compensation' for those who have (already) lost the SDP by being Naturaly Migrated.
    And there will be a block on anyone with SDP being migrated by a C of C, that block was supposed to come into effect on 16th January but no one is sure if that date still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    does that have any foundation?
    it is very concerning

also am I right in thinking that the longer they take to do 'managed migration' then the longer they will put off any transitional protection - hence many many more people would lose out with the inevitable 'changes of circumstances' over the year?
    Hi Walker, I suspect of they want people mainly in that system they will try to con people into closing their contribution based ESA. Why I assume that is how they bombarded people to close their post office accounts tricking them with crafty worded letters, that nobody had to conform to but thought it was compulsory / mandatory to close them.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It has no foundation, but many suspect that the DWP will try it on.
    The suspicion is that they will just tell you that you have to "close your legacy IR benefits claims and claim UC instead", thereby tricking you into closing CB ESA claims as well.

They can't close your CB claim, by law, but they can try and trick you into closing it yourself.
    Which is why it is important to know just what kind of ESA you have, and remember that you could have both.

There will eventually be 'compensation' for those who have (already) lost the SDP by being Naturaly Migrated.
    And there will be a block on anyone with SDP being migrated by a C of C, that block was supposed to come into effect on 16th January but no one is sure if that date still stands.
    I'm sure many will be extremely cautious as to how they approach this migration, because it doesn't help if you don't have confidence and trust in those that will administer it.

it is so utterly wrong that the most vulnerable and unwell people live in fear

I admit I am very grateful for the financial support I have had over the years, from the gov.
    however whilst initially it really felt secure and 'beneficial'
    now it feels like an endless source of fear and insecurity

Is it a problem with the 'Upper Class' Tories life experience?

They know that all their business friends (some of them also MPs) fiddle tax and everything else that they can, so assume that everyone else is fiddling - despite their own figures for years telling them it just isn't true they keep trying to say everyone on benefits is fiddling somehow.

Yes there are a few, about 0.7%.
    But when you look at the 'big' benefit fraud cases that get reported it's usually someone running a business. (Dodgy landlords etc.)

End of xmas rant.
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-23-2018 at 04:53 PM.

i think UC is the first step in the real "project" getting ALL benefits online , then close ALL JCs.

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    i think UC is the first step in the real "project" getting ALL benefits online , then close ALL JCs.
    You could be right. Not only do all people not have computers or smart phones plus libraries where computers can be used free of charge are being shut due to cutbacks. Where does that leave some folk? Up the swanee without a paddle