Thread: Christmas bonus

Christmas bonus

I seem to be on contribution based ESA but I haven't received my Christmas bonus. My award letter says:"the payment of ESA is based on your NIC records and any additional amounts the law says you need to live on." Further down they mention an income related amount. I assumed I was on both CB and IB, but as I say no Christmas bonus. Does anyone know why?

Sometimes they forget to pay it to some, sometimes it's late, sometimes they pay it twice.

Double check your bank statements for Nov/Dec and if it's not there phone them and ask why not.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for your reply Nukecad, will do. Anyway, hope you had a nice Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

Unless your getting UC..
    Some bright spark (Piece of ****) at the DWP has decided that the shiny new UC recipients don't deserve even a small christmas pudding.

https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...yment-stopped/

I've seen those reports, and they are ridiculous. (UC scaremongering).

UC is an Income Related benefit - You don't get the xmas bonus with any IR benefits - So UC has not 'scrapped' it at all.

If you get a non-income related benefit (IB, CBESA, DLA/PIP, etc. - the full list is in your first link) then you still get the xmas bonus, just as you always have.

I first came across this nonsense on Rightsnet.
    The advisors there are also amazed that this misinformation is being spread in the mainstream press, seemingly without anyone checking.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/...50/P120/#64700
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-30-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes I only get PIP so qualified for the £10 Xmas bonus - I think that has been spent several times over! I guess it's the thought that counts!