Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ordered our new car

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Attachment 2057Attachment 2058

Favourite black car, Rover 75 V6 in Raven black with chrome pack and walnut trim. Bought new and sold after 10 years (28,000) miles for £1000.
    Black cars since then have been Citroen C4, Seat Leon 1.6TDI Tech pack, Peugeot 308 SW estate,
    Great list.
    I have a test drive booked this morning in the Leon ST FR 2.0 TSi Auto.

I am getting annoyed though at how long the DWP DM has taken to get a letter to me. Even the nurse they sent to my home for the F2F couldn't understand why I had been booked for the assessment.
    I have been on PiP (without the mobility component) for 5 years, and sent them 9 different (& new) medical reports on my deterioration over the past 2 years, and this was only meant to be a "Change of Circs", but I've had to go through the whole process from scratch!
    My "Up to 6-weeks" wait for a decision is up next week. . . Anyway, I digress.

I hope your new car car comes swiftly and pain-free for you

Seems the change of circ. notification triggers full reset anyway, not just an adjustment to current claim which would make more sense.
    Just have to hang in there guardian9622, it takes as long as it takes: I assume your new assessment gets you the mobility side of the award as well this time?
    Spoke with the hoist installer yesterday, only need a 2 way 40 kilo hoist for this scooter which is good, takes up less room and is easy to operate. Had a 4 way before and ended up removing it and getting some folding ramps.
    Changed scooter from Shoprider to a newer type Supascoota, aluminium spaceframe with no plastic panels, folds up or takes apart easily enough. Much easier to use and store.
    I have used bother the car dealer and the hoist installer before and got along well with both, so high hopes for quick turnaround this time.
    Seeing as you like the sportier type Leon, how about this one?
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/mod...wer-rs4-or-c63

Great stuff. Wowzer! I think the car in the link is beyond me nowadays! Haha
    The Leon was perfect today. I'm so desperate for this mobility component, as I'm really struggling to drive our old Corsa now. I can't adjust the seat height, steering wheel angle etc etc.
    The Leon fits like a glove AND the dealer has two in stock, so no 6-month wait . . .
    I'm going to have to ring DWP on Monday to see what I can find out re my PiP award decision. The car is my last bit of independence, so if I lose the ability to drive our old jalopy, I can see the depression side of my illness plummeting
    I've also sent you a friend request. No problem here if you just want to bump it mate

Friend requests don't do much here.

All that happens when you friend someone is that they show as a friend on your profile page and you can see all their posts as well as your own on your profile 'wall'.

There is no private messaging or anything like that.
    It is not enabled on this forum.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nice thought though, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Nice thought though, appreciated.
    No problem mate. Have a good weekend
    Thanks Nukecad
    Last edited by guardian9622; 01-11-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Error

Last car I test drove was a C4.. Very comfy drive and great space for wheelchair in the back..

Had 2 C4s, both 1.6 TDI.
    As you say, very comfy, nice interior and roomy. One negative though is engine noise, very agricultural clattery diesel but with plenty of urge and pulls well. Common engine to Peugeot and Citroen and maybe more.
    Went from C4 to Seat Leon 1.6 diesel and the drop in overall noise was noticeable.

I always thought that diesel engines would sound like you're driving a tractor. Since getting a Ford Galaxy Auto diesel my mind has changed. I've never had a diesel or 2 litre engine before. It's super quiet and doesn't labour when accelerating. When on a motorway and wanting to overtake - the gears kick in without any fuss or commotion. It also has 'flappy paddle' gear changing on the steering column. And there's even a 'Speed' button on the circular gear knob - haven't dare try it in case it sends me into hyperdrive!

This new engine emits less emissions too - a green engine!!

Some newer diesels are still noisy, just different types, plus better sound insulation in cars.