Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ordered our new car

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I always thought that diesel engines would sound like you're driving a tractor. Since getting a Ford Galaxy Auto diesel my mind has changed. I've never had a diesel or 2 litre engine before. It's super quiet and doesn't labour when accelerating. When on a motorway and wanting to overtake - the gears kick in without any fuss or commotion. It also has 'flappy paddle' gear changing on the steering column. And there's even a 'Speed' button on the circular gear knob - haven't dare try it in case it sends me into hyperdrive!

This new engine emits less emissions too - a green engine!!
    If you press the "Speed" button, you can't travel at under 50mph or the car will explode! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I always thought that diesel engines would sound like you're driving a tractor. Since getting a Ford Galaxy Auto diesel my mind has changed. I've never had a diesel or 2 litre engine before. It's super quiet and doesn't labour when accelerating. When on a motorway and wanting to overtake - the gears kick in without any fuss or commotion. It also has 'flappy paddle' gear changing on the steering column. And there's even a 'Speed' button on the circular gear knob - haven't dare try it in case it sends me into hyperdrive!

This new engine emits less emissions too Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher - a green engine!
    !
    On the off chance that you press the "Speed" catch, you can't go at under 50mph or the vehicle will detonate
    Last edited by klimbo; 02-20-2019 at 06:32 AM.

There are some really good safety features built into the car's electronics.

I didn't know it but a screw had penetrated my rear tyre. A graphic appeared on the dashboard showing a plan view of the car and the tyre pressure. The punctured tyre had gone from 35 to 17. Quckfit sorted the repair out for free.

If you're on the motorway the car will suggest you take a break if your car drifts towards a road marking such as a dotted line.

It has auto window wiper feature and something I discovered going across country at night. It changes the dipped headlights to full beam when the road conditions allow. It also goes from full beam to dipped when it sees another car coming towards me.

Parking could be considered difficult in a 7 seater but the reversing sensors and front sensors make parking easy.

I like the way you can talk to the car to interact it to carry out tasks while driving. It can make hands free phone calls, GPS navigation, playing the radio or accessing your phones iTunes music

Technology is a wonderful thing and certainly makes driving a pleasure for m

Had a call on Monday from the motorbility man at the garage we ordered our new car from saying we won't be getting our new car on the 11th March as we thought we would.He told me that the new car was only being started to be built on the 26th Feb.He#s put an extension on the car we have now .The new car will arrive when it's ready so really big deal .

Barbiejane, that's outrages!

When I ordered my car from Ford they were quite upfront about ow long it would take to process the order, make and deliver it.

The longest part of the process isn't the making of the vehicle it's about having it imported into this country. In total it took 16 weeks.

The Motability Ford Rep kept giving me regular and specific updates on the process.

It was built in Valentia, then sat in a compound before being transported to the cost - where it sat in a compound for two weeks. Then it was put on a ferry with a 1000 other new cars and sent to Liverpool Docks. Here it stayed in a compound while import paperwork was done. Then it was put on a low loader and taken to a Ford Garage in Liverpool to road test it.

Next it went to my garage in Manchester where I saw it but couldn't take it as adaptations needed to be fitted. There were complications with the wiring of hand controls so it was put on a low loader and sent to Cardiff in South Wales. Four days later it returned and I signed to say I had taken delivery.

There's a lot of moving around, paperwork, testing and sitting in compounds that take up time. In the end you'll get the car and be chuffed to bits.

Ordering my Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 Auto today.
    Not been this excited for years! Hahaha

I'm not worried about having to wait for the new car it will come when it come but if it drags on to months and months i'll cancel and go somewhere else.This will be my 4th Mobility car and it's the first time it's happened.We've still got a car so no problems getting about.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    I'm not worried about having to wait for the new car it will come when it come but if it drags on to months and months i'll cancel and go somewhere else.This will be my 4th Mobility car and it's the first time it's happened.We've still got a car so no problems getting about.
    That’s fine Jane if your current car remains suitable but with myself my disability does not change but unfortunately the age of my carer wife does?

My story on these delays goes back to the first few days July 18 when I ordered a MPV to replace a standard hatchback and the change of type of car was due to my wife unable to get my mobility scooter into the boot of our then hatchback in its five pieces any more due to weakening ageing knees.

So I order the MPV with a hoist that will be the end of that problem and when we ordered the dealer said it would be 5 month before delivery. So now we sit and think about if for 10 minutes at the dealers desk and decide between my wife and I that we could just about manage to get by another 5 months with it being Summer and all.

4 months roll on and I start to hear rumours of my particular model being delayed until Feb 19 and that being 9 months from order date. This meant going through this Winter with my wife's knees not up to loading the scooter in the hatch so we cancelled and went elsewhere.

Had the dealer been a bit more honest we might have got it into our heads that 9 months was worth the wait but as I explain to the dealer when I cancelled that they are dealing with disabled folk and some up front consideration should be taken into account when dealing with us and not to mislead us on delivery times though of course its not just the dealer, its the manufacture too.

Anyway I’ve got my MPV 4 months ago with the hoist and everything is OK with us now but that dealer and manufacture has lost a customer who may never come back in future because I can’t trust them any more.

Had a call yesterday from the Mobility man at our Citreon garage to say we can pick our car up next Monday 18th March.With thinking we were going to have to wait weeks and maybe months it's only a week late.

Great news Jane and looks like everything has gone well for you.

Have fun on your days out in your new car and remember Spring and longer days are not far off now.