Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal Credit Journal

Universal Credit Journal

Had a message in my journal saying my live to full service was now switched and that I had to sign into my account to accept my commitments. Did this and one of the stipulations is that I sign into my account regularly and complete my ‘To do’ tasks , does anyone know if this means work search as I’m getting LCWRA ? Haven’t agreed to it yet . Also does anyone know what a ‘case manager ‘ is ? Got a message also saying I’d be assigned a new case manager and I should contact them or my work coach with any issues .

I think DWPs master plan is to hound and annoy you so much that you just accept whatever they say for an easier time , a case manager AND a work coach ...... this is beyond a joke !

Thanks in advance for any advice .

All Live Service UC claims now have to switch to Full Service UC by making a new online claim.

The 'To do' tasks are just what your Case Manager wants you to do, as you have LCWRA this will not/cannot include jobsearching.

And don't get worried by the claimant commitment either;
    Where it says at the start "I will do everything that I can to look for work" the important bit to note is "everything that I can".
    As you have LCWRA then "everything that I can" is nothing.
    See this: https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post151157

A Case Manager is a sort of halfway between a Work Coach and a Decision Maker.
    They can make some administrative decisions, more than a Work Coach but less than a DM.
    I believe the idea is to take some basic admin work off DM's and leave DM's with the more complicated decisions.

You won't have come across this yet but as you have LCWRA you will not be allocated a Work Coach only a Case Manager, anything that you put on your journal should not be put in the Work Coach section, if you do it won't be read by anyone.
    Any message that you want them to look at should be put on the 'Payments' or 'Service Issues' tab.
    More about this: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13803/
    Last edited by nukecad; 01-04-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks nukecad

Work coach called today to let me know everything has been switched over and pretty much said what you have said, you're a fountain of info and I just have to say thank you for all the time you take to respond to our worries and concerns.

Sent my UC50 mid December for reassessment so will let you know what the outcome is, my MP also got involved and asked for all my mental health evidence. Do you think an MP getting involved holds much clout?

All the best

Surprised you got a work coach.

As you are in the No work related requirements group then they don't usually assign one in Full Service.

Maybe it's from your Live Service claim, or maybe FS have changed ?

Having your MP involved can add clout if you are having problems.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I think it was from LS as she did say I wouldn't have a coach now.

Hopefully my MP getting involved will mean I'll be left alone for a while , won't hold my breath though .

sometimes JC staff "work coaches" get involved but you dont answer to them , just your case manager.
    your UC commitment as nuke said does not apply once your LWCRA has been added to your UC claim.

Ok thanks druid

Where are case managers based? Do they hassle you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    Ok thanks druid

Where are case managers based? Do they hassle you ?
    they can be anyware really , my current case manager is based in northern ireland according to what a member of JC staff told me when i went in to show them my proof of rent .
    and know i havnt been hasseled by a case manager as long as your "things to do" list is clear your ok.
    sometimes JC staff will talk to you as if your fit to work but i just ignore them as there not very well trained pau .
    im not sure what the rules are about logging into your UC account regular but i dont log in much these days .
    i think you get a tex or email if they want you to log in .

I can see the pros and cons.

I remember when I did a complaint to the independent commissioner several years back, and it resulted in me having some kind of personal handler at the DWP I could contact whenever I Wanted. Boy was it convenient. I would ring this lady, and problems would be solved very quickly that would usually be a tone of hassle or impossible.

As an example the DWP started asking me for sick notes when I was not on the assessment phase, I was still in the SG getting full SG payments awaiting a WCA appointment, this happened after I had a successful reconsideration following a missed WCA appointment, it seems when I got reinstated an error was made. The normal DWP call centre told me tough luck and send them in, I rang this lady and within two days it was solved.

If case managers have more power than a typical clerk, then it means they have the potential to be useful to fix things that normally would need a DM and thats a good thing.

On the flip side I worry that in the future people with illness may get harassed in regards to taking treatment, surgery, medication etc. Thats a potential for a case worker to do.

Thanks for the info everyone .

I’ll just have to wait and see how it all pans out. I really don’t intend to log on that much either . I’m just hoping the don’t constantly harass me. I can also the pros and cons of this online system .