Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal Credit Journal

[QUOTE=worried33;152915]I can see the pros and cons.

I remember when I did a complaint to the independent commissioner several years back, and it resulted in me having some kind of personal handler at the DWP I could contact whenever I Wanted. Boy was it convenient. I would ring this lady, and problems would be solved very quickly that would usually be a tone of hassle or impossible.

As an example the DWP started asking me for sick notes when I was not on the assessment phase, I was still in the SG getting full SG payments awaiting a WCA appointment, this happened after I had a successful reconsideration following a missed WCA appointment, it seems when I got reinstated an error was made. The normal DWP call centre told me tough luck and send them in, I rang this lady and within two days it was solved.

If case managers have more power than a typical clerk, then it means they have the potential to be useful to fix things that normally would need a DM and thats a good thing.

On the flip side I worry that in the future people with illness may get harassed in regards to taking treatment, surgery, medication etc. Thats a potential for a case worker to do.[/QUOTE
    as you highlighted its handy to have a point of contact . in the old days of calling the DSS you would have to write down the name of the person in the call centre who took your call , and all CAB staff wer told to always take the name of the callcentre employ who took the call (not that they ever took responsability for what they said) but at least now with UC its all there in writting on your journal which you can print off , and your "case manager" is supposed to be following your case , and he or she has a duty to reply in tex on your journal to any enquiry.
    the offside is if you type anything on your journal in reply , thats all so is there to be seen so a lot more fair if there is any dispute over whats been said.
    Last edited by druid; 01-10-2019 at 07:23 PM.